X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" June 25, 26, 27

when are we going again?
    Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
      Good idear there! I haven't even pulled my camera out of the console yet
      Hey Rick, got any pics of your steering box breaking off? Do you know what caused it. I got home and noticed one of my bolts was loose. Not sure if the bolt just came loose or if the frame is pinching in that area. Time for some reinforcement....
      Kyle
      Aptos
      1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Originally posted by kman67 View Post
        Hey Rick, got any pics of your steering box breaking off? Do you know what caused it. I got home and noticed one of my bolts was loose. Not sure if the bolt just came loose or if the frame is pinching in that area. Time for some reinforcement....
        Did you put sleeves inside the frame where the bolts go through? If not, this should help with the frame pinching. I used 1/2" schedule 40 water pipe on mine.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Kyle, no pics. Got done drilling out the grade 8 bolts yesterday, fun in 100* heat. One bolt came loose, then the other two sheared on the trail, no frame damage
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Well, I took my steering box off yesterday and found some cracks on my frame around the bottom rear bolt hole. More can be seen here:
            http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...1896#post81896
            Attached Files
            Kyle
            Aptos
            1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Well, I took my steering box off yesterday and found some cracks on my frame around the bottom rear bolt hole. More can be seen here:
              Wow! Good thing you pulled the box off to check! Time to put some sleeves in there and brace the inside and outside of the frame. Good catch!

Comment

Heading back up there Friday after work coming home Sunday, if anyone wants to come. Its going to be a great time, I am getting a bunch more of my buddies to go with us this time.

Comment

NICE! Dig all that shit out and replace the metal. I wouldn't just weld up the cracks.
                  “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

goig up this weekend? sigh. wish i went,
                    Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Just got back. What an awesome trip! My buddies wife took tons of pictures hopefully I will get them soon. We met a few great bronco guys there. My other buddy on the way out broke a pitman arm, wierdest break I have seen. He didn't hit anything it just snapped at the splines. Other than that it was a great trip.

Kyle

Comment

Better late then never - Rubicon Pictures from the Jun 25-27th trip.
                        Enjoy...

Pat Preach
                        Attached Files
                        Leave No One Behind
                        KK6AUW

Comment

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" June 25, 26, 27 2010

I've never been on the annual Rubicon trip or on the trail for that matter and I know a lot of people here are talking about going up earlier in the week. But I have a question... I definitely have the 25th and 26th off, but I work Graveyard so I wouldn't get off of work until 8am Saturday morning. I am trying to get Friday off as well, but in the case that I can't... would it still be possible for me to catch up with everyone on Saturday by 10-11am?
                          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

You wouldn't be the only one coming in at that time. I think you wouldn't have any prob running across a brother to run in with.
                            now I just have to fix my junk.. take Friday off and wheel in Thursday night.
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Well, I'm still trying to get Friday off... I should know next week if I can use a vacation day... If not, maybe I'll call in sick to go wheelin'
                              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Is this trip open to newbies to the site? Been building and wheelin the same rust bucket for 9 years.

Thanks
                                Russ
                                1969 351W, Np435-NP205 5.5"FRNT 5.5"Rear 2"Body, Geared 4.10 Locked, 35" BFG's

Comment

Working...
                                X