This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" June 25, 26, 27 2010

Let's start thinking about this! Please only post up dates that are an absolute NO GO. For instance, Cantina, Jamboree, Marlin Run, hollidays, other runs like the Dusy Ershim, days you guys absulutely can't do personally, Etc. After a few weeks, I will pick a date that is best for the masses. I am thinking June, July, August, September...

Remember, all are welcome to come on this run!
    June 25, 26, 27
    75.00%
    June 18, 19, 29
    15.00%
    Sometime in September
    5.00%
    Sometime in October
    5.00%

The poll is expired.

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" thread.

Any time in July,August and September.
    I can't make the Moab or the Dusty trail so I will make this run.
    Last edited by daves; 01-10-2010, 10:57 AM.
    1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Here's my input:

1. No holiday weeks, so lets not even consider Labor Day, Memorial Day, or the 4th of July.
      2. Personally I can't make any trip with a date range that includes July 12th or September 6th.
      3. I want to run the entire trail - in at Loon, out at Tahoe, probably over a 3 day period.
      4. I prefer midweek but for such a large group that's probably not an option.

What I may do is start or end my run with the group. I could see hanging out at Ellis with the group for the weekend like what we did last year, then whoever wants to continue on, can, otherwise they can turn back and hang with whoever is staying back at Ellis.

I do not trailer my rig and I actually like the drive along the Tahoe west shore and back down 50, especially on a nice summer day in a topless rig. I'm not anywhere near as hardcore as some of you all... my rig drives nice on the road
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

These dates are out

Jeepers Jamboree: July 22 to August 1, 2010

http://www.jeepersjamboree.com/
        Last edited by Bronco Brian; 01-10-2010, 07:36 PM.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I like last years time frame. thursday afternoon/night to sunday morning.
          I wouldn't mind camping at Elis creek thursdays, friday staying at the lake. if we keep up a good pace we can go to Tahoe for some gambling!
          {o===o}
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I'm up for running the whole trail.
            1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

I would like us to pick a weekend and run that weekend evey year. Like for me I have turned in my vacation time for the year. Unless a date was set today I would not be able to take any extra days off. But we need to guit highjacking this thread it is for days weeks that wont work

[QUOTE=Delta 4 Wheel;72578]Let's start thinking about this! Please only post up dates that are an absolute NO GO. [QUOTE]
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I'm with you, Tony, let's run the whole trail. My rig is roadworthy (as of this writing).

I vote for earlier than Aug 21:

"The archery deer and bear season in Zones D-3, D-4, and D-5 shall open on the third Saturday in August...".

Rifle season opens shortly thereafter and usually runs into November.
                70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

I have been many times the weekend before 4th of July and the trail is really quiet! and not dusty! So June 25th-27th is a great weekend... ;-)

On to the point of this topic.

I am out:

Labor day weekend
                  August 1st-7th Baja Fishing hopefully
                  Oct 13-19th East Cape fishing! w00t
                  WT 4x4
                  91' One Ton Bronco
                  1971 Bronco
                  9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Good point about the dust, the earlier the better!
                    70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

I can't make it form July15th through the 26th. I will be camping in Yellowstone.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

August is out for me, #4 is due that month
                        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
                          I have been many times the weekend before 4th of July and the trail is really quiet! and not dusty! So June 25th-27th is a great weekend... ;-)

On to the point of this topic.

I am out:

Labor day weekend
                          August 1st-7th Baja Fishing hopefully
                          Oct 13-19th East Cape fishing! w00t
                          June 25th is a pretty good option being a month from Dusy. I will put this one on the back burner until more chime in.
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I like June 25th.
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                              Here's my input:

1. No holiday weeks, so lets not even consider Labor Day, Memorial Day, or the 4th of July.
                              2. Personally I can't make any trip with a date range that includes July 12th or September 6th.
                              3. I want to run the entire trail - in at Loon, out at Tahoe, probably over a 3 day period.
                              4. I prefer midweek but for such a large group that's probably not an option.

What I may do is start or end my run with the group. I could see hanging out at Ellis with the group for the weekend like what we did last year, then whoever wants to continue on, can, otherwise they can turn back and hang with whoever is staying back at Ellis.

I do not trailer my rig and I actually like the drive along the Tahoe west shore and back down 50, especially on a nice summer day in a topless rig. I'm not anywhere near as hardcore as some of you all... my rig drives nice on the road
                              hope to be ready but i'm with you on 3 days of fun.
                              6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Working...
                              X