Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" thread.

I can't do July. Any other month I should be good. I don't want to miss this run. I had a blast last year.

I personally like having a home base and just do day runs. This lightens your load during the day and it seems to keep everyone together. I would like to camp at Buck this year so we can do day trips both ways.

Comment

June 25th on should work for me unless my wife is pregnant again :-X

FWIW I'd like to do the run all the way through even if it mean a slow tedious drive back.

how long is it back around?

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
        June 25th on should work for me unless my wife is pregnant again :-X

FWIW I'd like to do the run all the way through even if it mean a slow tedious drive back.

how long is it back around?
        2.5-3 hours I think it was?
        I'm in for when ever, I can't plan or remember date too far in advance.
        I only go to Buck or the springs. Who ever does not want to go further then the springs can turn around with me.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I can attend anytime. But would prefer later in the summertime ($ wise)

I seriously hate having my bronco as a DD. It is to much of a maintainence thing. Once one thing is fixed, something else goes. But dont get me wrong i do like working on it. but dam! sometimes i just want to get in it and not hear or see something wrong.
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I'am out got bumped for this week 6/11 to 6/20 Everyone have fun.

Can we push it back a week any time from June 11 to June 20 ?

1. Was already planing a Con trip, with a fellow Bronco guy that's never been.

2. I put in for June 14 to 18 for Vacation and has been approved by the WIFE for the trip. Just waiting on the boss.

3. I can't change my week falls to close to the 4th of July ( no time off about 2 weeks before a holiday)
            Last edited by Bronco Brian; 01-14-2010, 03:21 PM. Reason: added #3 added on 1/14 I am out
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
              2.5-3 hours I think it was?
              No way, maybe with traffic. I have driven from the Tahoma/Tahoe City area all the way back home to Livermore in 3-4 hours on many occasions. I'd say its maybe an hour from the Tahoe staging area, down 89 to 50 to the Ice House turnoff.

And as I mentioned before, its a very nice drive. You can't beat driving around Lake Tahoe in an open top rig on a nice day, it makes a nice end to a trip in my opinion. The trick is to get off the trail early enough in the day to enjoy that drive in the daylight.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

You might have to stop for gas. If your trailer is back at the spillway, then it's another 45mins to an hour on Ice House. So it could be easily 2hours to get back around. Plus it depends on how well your Bronco handles at highway speeds down 50.
                At any rate, it's pretty far in advance for me and vacation scheduling is pretty flexible at work so I'll say I'm open to any date. Hopefully none of my wife's friends are getting married this year and I'll be able to go this time. Maybe take the 2yo (3 by then). He had fun on Fordyce last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                  I can't do July. Any other month I should be good. I don't want to miss this run. I had a blast last year.

I personally like having a home base and just do day runs. This lightens your load during the day and it seems to keep everyone together. I would like to camp at Buck this year so we can do day trips both ways.

I also vote for camping at buck both nights. Then we can do a day run to the springs sat. Then sudays those of us going back to loon can go that way And the rest can go the other way. Nice centrol location!
                  WT 4x4
                  91' One Ton Bronco
                  1971 Bronco
                  9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Another vote for Buck. I'll bring more gas this time.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Buck actually sounds like a pretty good option. Ellis was cool but I prefer to camp near water - its nice to jump in a body of water after being on a hot, dusty trail all day.

Hopefully we can agree on a date. I'm fairly open but would like to lock in something soon so that I know I have the time.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

I am for sure not going all of the way through. I would think the masses would camp at a mid point and the rest of the group that want to go all of the way through can do so.

But nuntheless, most of that can be discussed after a date is chosen. That may change things. Shirts will also be discussed AFTER specifics of the shirts are known. And NO bitchin!!!!
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

everyones honest opinion please:
                          I have made it to little sluice twice and HATE turning around and doing the trail backwards. (especially down walker) Would you guys say that the trail gets easier or harder past little sluice? im down for running through but only if i can make it.
                          {o===o}
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                            I have made it to little sluice twice and HATE turning around and doing the trail backwards. (especially down walker) Would you guys say that the trail gets easier or harder past little sluice? im down for running through but only if i can make it.
                            You can make it.... But i think from Buck island to the Springs is an ass kicker.
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                              It gets a lot harder. And the rocks get bigger after buck.
                              WT 4x4
                              91' One Ton Bronco
                              1971 Bronco
                              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                                You can make it.... But i think from Buck island to the Springs is an ass kicker.
                                You are correct Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X