Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" thread.

Try being stranded with a pregnant wife and a 4 year old. I said fawkit and had a fire anyway. (2 years ago)

Late June sure seems like it is solidifying. We need more input! More of you are going I am sure.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
      Late June sure seems like it is solidifying. We need more input! More of you are going I am sure.
      I am sure more of us will make it!! But this thread started as days that wont work so people are not going to post on the 25th yet. Maybe start a new thread on the 25th or a poll of 3 dates.. Or change this one to the new topic (25th)..
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

My bad.... ;-)
        WT 4x4
        91' One Ton Bronco
        1971 Bronco
        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
          My bad.... ;-)
          Its all Carls fault..
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I am still open front and rear with the 3's. ive been throwing back and forth the idea of 35's and re gear it but the front carrier will need to be swaped ($) i would be happy with just a rear "semi good" 28 spline locker for the time being.

I know i can make it to little sluice. I have never seen past it but im sure i can make it to the lake. how far past is it? time wise? I can always take the bypass but so far i havent on that trail. Unless you call the path going off into the woods near wentworth a bypass. (even that was gnarley) The Only problem i had last year was the last FAWKING 10 feet of gate keeper when i got high centered( I got cocky and gave it too much gas.) and at soup bowl when my gas tank dropped out.

COUNT ME IN DUDES!!!!! what we really need to do is get 100% organized and have a big ol pot luck BBQ on the trail. Who wants some rubcon BBQ Ribs!!!!!!

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            Really!? That would be AWESOME!! Last year sucked ass without a campfire.
            The latern idea was GREAT! Thursday night was fun! You guys remember the 83%'rs. hahahaha we still need to make those patches
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Lunchbox locker up front and call it good.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                lunchbox locker up front and call it good.
                x2
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I am good for June. What is a lunch box locker?
                  1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyatBBY View Post
                    I am good for June. What is a lunch box locker?
                    Here you go Randy. Everything you ever wanted to know about one.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Lunchbox-lockers.htm
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I'm with you guys on going while campfires are still allowed... camping in the high country without a fire at night just isn't right; and its also why I avoid most of the Eldorado Nat'l forest later in the summer, other parts of the Sierra allow them year-round above a certain elevation.

Ryan, a potluck bbq on the trail sounds great - that was what was missing last year. I cook some of my best meals on the trail. Carl can attest to that...
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                        I'm with you guys on going while campfires are still allowed... camping in the high country without a fire at night just isn't right; and its also why I avoid most of the Eldorado Nat'l forest later in the summer, other parts of the Sierra allow them year-round above a certain elevation.

Ryan, a potluck bbq on the trail sounds great - that was what was missing last year. I cook some of my best meals on the trail. Carl can attest to that...
                        Tube Steak
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                          That is a very good reason. It sucked not having a fire last year but the two lanterns in the fire pit and bottle of Crown did the job also.
                          True! Your lantern fire was a good substitute. And the crown didn't hurt either.
                          Last edited by crawlin68; 01-15-2010, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                            Here you go Randy. Everything you ever wanted to know about one.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Lunchbox-lockers.htm
                            I thought it was called lunchbox locker because they were so easy to install you could install one during your lunch time.
                            You can get a D44 Lockrite or Spartan for $250.

Comment

ARRL Amatuer Radio Field Day: June 26-27, 2010
                              Not that it would eliminate that weekend but we just have to pack allot of extra radio gear.
                              Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
                                ARRL Amatuer Radio Field Day: June 26-27, 2010
                                Not that it would eliminate that weekend but we just have to pack allot of extra radio gear.
                                I'm in, lets bring the gear
                                68 Slightly modified
                                67 LUBR once again
                                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X