Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" thread.

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
    The ponds FULL Boys!!! Lets do this!!!
    More Yelten GLUE
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
      The ponds FULL Boys!!! Lets do this!!!
      Man what did I start.. POPS has the right idea this sounds like fun now.
      75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

We are not a very focused group are we.... lol
        WT 4x4
        91' One Ton Bronco
        1971 Bronco
        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
          We are not a very focused group are we.... lol
          And the trail swill isnt even flowing
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Late June should work for me. This will be my 1st NCB trip, It will be nice to put some faces and names to our screen names.
            69 Bronco, FI 351W, NP-435 Trans, Dana20, Dana 44 w/ARB Air locker, BB 9" w/Detroit Locker, Fab-Tech ext. Radius arms, Fox shocks coil over frnt suspension.

Comment

Hi everyone! Token Jeep dude here, One thing to consider, on picking a date, the first trip I went on in 08, was AFTER the Jeepers Jamboree, and I made it all the way through, no winch, 33's and an open front, by myself, because I had carb trouble, and pulled out to let everyone else go.
              Last year(09) I go in with 35, beadlocks, and a better rig overall, and had some breakage, the trail was much rougher, It kicked my ass, I got in and out to buck, but it was harder thatn my first trip with 33's. The point is, It's much more mellow after the Jeeper's thing, they go through and smooth out the trail, filling lots of holes. If you go before then, Expect it to be HARDER!
              That being said, I Have to work the weekend every 3 weeks, a rotating shift thing but with enough notice, I can probably get any time off, I'll BE THERE, IF AT ALL POSSIBLE! anyone got an ARB for a D44 for sale cheap?
              Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
              35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Frank, what are you doing on here, you should be working. I'm sure there are people out there without power.
                I like the trail better before the Jambo.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                  I like the trail better before the Jambo.
                  X2, I didnt build my rig to follow stock J**Ps
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    I have sense replaced my stock clutch with a Centech Dual Friction clutch. Care for a rematch?
                    Your just a old race horse, ring the bell and you come running. If we do it again I get all the time I want on Jeff's power washer!
                    1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

wait a min... i want to make it through.. i can never catch a break. hahaha

Ill follow the group but if we make it to the lake, I am not turning around...

Aussie makes a 9" 31 spline lunchbox. do you guys think it would be wise to throw in a front and also buy some 31 spline axles with a rear one? i am going to upgrade it someday... just throwing it out there
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I don't really care if the trail's been made easier for the Heepers. I'm not about finding the most extreme lines, to me its more about being in the mountains, fishing, drinking beer and generally enjoying being away from civilization. I want to run the full trail to say I've done it, but I really enjoy trails like Deer Valley for the scenery and solitude.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                          I don't really care if the trail's been made easier for the Heepers. I'm not about finding the most extreme lines, to me its more about being in the mountains, fishing, drinking beer and generally enjoying being away from civilization. I want to run the full trail to say I've done it, but I really enjoy trails like Deer Valley for the scenery and solitude.
                          True... this year the trail was pretty beat up!! last year much better condition. Its all fun just to get out there!!
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                            Aussie makes a 9" 31 spline lunchbox. do you guys think it would be wise to throw in a front and also buy some 31 spline axles with a rear one? i am going to upgrade it someday... just throwing it out there
                            I have not heard much bad about Aussie lockers. I guess it depends on your budget - 31 spline axles are a good upgrade, but in your application with 33s and a stock-ish engine the stock 28 spline axles are probably fine out back.

Up front, I'd highly recommend staying open until you can swing an ARB or OX. I love being able to disengage my front diff. The rear is nice too but not as big of a deal.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

I'd recommend the auto locker in the front and the selectable in the rear unless you have the cash to put a selectable up front too. As far as 28 vs 31, a lot of people run 31s and don't break them. They seem to survive up to 37" tires.

Comment

I looked at my work schedule, I'm off Fri-sat-sunday that last weekend in June, WOO-HOOO!!! See you all there, hoping for a locker in the front before then.
                                Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                                35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X