X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 3rd Annual "Broncos on the Con" June 25, 26, 27

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
    Was trying to get a list of who actually made it in, was a great showing for sure!!! I know some and met some, who am I missing? Put those that were there in blue, have a couple question marks...

1. Rockbronco67 (Thur-Sun)
    2. TankedBroncoLady & Stonecrusherbronco
    3. Dblue351
    4. Daddy4zack
    5. Earlybronco72
    6. 71BRONCO71
    7. Delta
    8.Trash -?
    9. Tito (PDXBronco)
    10. ACE - ?
    11. ACE'S Son - ?
    12. and Son in Law - ?
    13. Franked(Fri AM-sun)
    14. RandyatBBY
    15. GDDYAP & family (Fri-Sun)
    16. Broncrick (Thur AM-Sun)
    17. Crawlin68 & Sister (Thur-Sun)
    18. Crawlin68's Brother in his Toy
    19. Bent 70
    20. 69crawler
    21. Wcoast4x co-pilot for Bronco Bender(Fri AM-Sun)
    22. NORK2BG and Sean as co-pilot
    23. ProudPapa
    24. Wildhorses - Jim
    25. Rlemon
    26. Wldnmn
    27. kman67
    28. NorCalKD
    29. hlbnd1
    30. SonicDonkey
    31. TJK74[/QUOTE]
    32. Rocken75
    33. Zed
    Last edited by Daddy4zack; 06-29-2010, 08:46 AM.
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
      Nice seeing the rig out on the trail. Bummer about the break though. I would have loved to stayed and help with the fix but it was getting late. I hope it was easy but on Caddy hill it looked a little different. Tell your wife i enjoyed chatting it up with her in my rig while we were headed to the top. Now the biggest question i have is did she drive one of the rigs up and out? Lucky man Jim...VERY lucky man. Good to hear you made it out and safe. I'll be by soon
      P.S. I won!
      I love my wife she is a great wheeling partner. Thanks again for the ride. Sheyla drove the Mare out after the steep climb right above where we broke. While we were there fixing the rig she watched two different guys have trouble going up that climb. One of them lost his brakes right there. She was a little freaked out when I was going up. Just at that point a local dude comes walking down the trail and gives me a quick spot. After that it was up to the top for the traditional look out pics and back to the trailer. Here's a few more pics.
      Jim
      Attached Files
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

Comment

This was my first time on the Con and I was impressed by the trail and Nor-cal bronco people. Saw some awesome rigs and got some great ideas from them. I Arrived late and left early because of work so I was a little rushed and will definitely try some of the harder obstacles next year. I hope little sluice is still there next year.
        I drained some gas to give to a Toyota guy but still had enough to make it out the Tahoe side solo and drive back to loon to get my tow rig. Next year I will take less stuff and more photos and movies.
        Attached Files
        73 Explorer, Full width 9" / hp44 ARB's, front Race-runners, 39.5 Iroks, 302, np435

Comment

I thought the trail was actually in good shape. I didn't see any abuse of the trail.
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
            I thought the trail was actually in good shape. I didn't see any abuse of the trail.
            No abuse. just hard.. deep ruts and big rocks..
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by tankedbroncolady
              Yeah, right. I'm just surprised I made all the way from the fire to my tent!

Anyone want to run Deervalley soon?

-Kaitlin
              Is that a "Nancy trail" for your stocker??
              1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                I thought it was amazing the difference it was to see all the work the FOTR did on Saturday for the clean up crew. All of the 4 to 6" minus rock they brought into the trail for the sediment / errosion control.

Just a thought, since our trip this year landed on the same time they were doing a clean up project maybe next year we can organize the trip around one of them and help out for a day.

Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post
                  My buddies and I are heading up on the 17th for a quick overnighter, everyone is welcome to join us.

Kyle
                  Where are you going?
                  1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyatBBY View Post
                    Where are you going?
                    Heading back up to the Rubicon, we are going to be leaving Saturday morning coming back down Sunday afternoon. I am trying to see if we can go up on Friday after work but we will see.

It would be awesome if you and anyone else wants to go since I didnt get the chance to meet the rest of you guys this last weekend.

Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post
                      Heading back up to the Rubicon, we are going to be leaving Saturday morning coming back down Sunday afternoon. I am trying to see if we can go up on Friday after work but we will see.

It would be awesome if you and anyone else wants to go since I didnt get the chance to meet the rest of you guys this last weekend.

Kyle
                      It might be a little soon, But I will see what Frank says.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                        It wasn't enough you guys were fawkin with me... now you can't leave Jim alone? We 87%ers are going to need to stick together!

I will run the 'con this year and if anybody wants to join me (whenever that may be) I would be glad to have "broncos on the con 3.5".
                        I'm in for con 3.5! I say September sometime. LETS DOOOO IT
                        Leave No One Behind
                        KK6AUW

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                          The Big Sluice was fun. I don't remember those big boulders. The last time I was on that part of the trail was 15 years ago in my cj5 with 33's.
                          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Here are some of my pics
                            Attached Files
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Hey Ryan, is the picture called DSCI0274 from Big Sluice? If so that is a much much different line than it was 10+ years ago... looks considerably more washed out. Looks like your new Cage arms are helping your flex too.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Its the very top... AKA "TEQUILA TURN"

EDIT:
                                Heres two more shots of it. I took the inside line. The outside is just a turn
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-29-2010, 07:38 PM.
                                {o===o}
                                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                                Originally posted by CityHick
                                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X