X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Annual Rubicon Run

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
    Does anyone know where the tribe of Toy boys are camping? Hopefully not Buck
    I would hazzard to guess the Springs because of size. But they do runs/events throughout the trail
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

just got a confirmation that the TOYS will be camping at the springs. But the word is most are there for some R&R and a little wheeling
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I'll stop hijacking the Thursday thread. Put me down as a tentative Friday morning arrival. Going to need to find a CB antenna as it sounds like none of you use FRS/GMRS radios. I have a CB but never decided on a mounting point for it. No time like the present - if I could find a day when I wasn't working 12+ hours and thus completely unmotivated to work on the rig at night!

My thoughts are to drive up Friday, wheel into Ellis Creek, hang out, do a little wheeling on Saturday, maybe into Spider and back to Ellis, then leave Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I'll be night wheeling out on Saturday. My bro has a flight back to Wa state on Sunday.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by tankedbroncolady
            Well, we are out. At 26 years old, my boyfriend somehow has a field trip, planned the same weekend. Have fun!
            LOL. I'm 33 and I'd love a field trip! Europe would be nice. Maybe Australia.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by tankedbroncolady
              Im pretty sure its the Nevada test site.....not so fun
              Nice. Being a native of Livermore I grew up around guys who developed the bombs that made the craters out there!

Back on topic - does anybody know if there's actually any water in Ellis Creek? Nice to have a place to scrub up a little, plus my dog needs a place to cool down. What about fishing? Worth bringing a pole?

It has obviously been far too long since I was last at the 'con. I don't remember much about the Ellis Creek area at all.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

July 1981, I spent my summer breathing dust at NTS near one of those craters. Back then you could walk into one of those Gov run stores and buy a six pack for $2.85 and they would put the whole six pack in a bag of ice so you could spend the next hour driving across the site to get to the gate to leave and drive another hour back to the strip.
                Those were the days.
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                  Nice. Being a native of Livermore I grew up around guys who developed the bombs that made the craters out there!

Back on topic - does anybody know if there's actually any water in Ellis Creek? Nice to have a place to scrub up a little, plus my dog needs a place to cool down. What about fishing? Worth bringing a pole?

It has obviously been far too long since I was last at the 'con. I don't remember much about the Ellis Creek area at all.
                  Not sure about Ellis this time of year, but I have never seen a lot of water running down it. Not sure how the fishing is at Spyder, but fishing is good all the time, and catching is great.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post

There is very little water in Ellis. You may however be able to walk up stream a bit and find some little pools for the dogs, you may not want to jump in though since they may be kind of stagnant. If you want to swim near camp, wheel back out to the top of the bowl towards Loon. You can park there near the "out of bounds" markers and hike down to Pleasant Lake (or as I call it, Upper Loon) Nice swiming there and good clean water. Take your poll and some meps "black furys" #0 leurs(sp) I have had good luck with those in Loon.

J
                    1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Usually Ellis is just a trickle.. wouldn't even drink out of it. bet its dry this year.
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                        Usually Ellis is just a trickle.. wouldn't even drink out of it. bet its dry this year.
                        Yep, what A said. Fishing/getting wet close to Eliis mentioned above
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Just talked to my buddy who does the Marlin run every year including this one and says it's less than a 100 rigs and 30% of them are coming from the Tahoe side. So using that as an excuse not to come will not be excepted!! I don't think the trail will be any different than every other weekend, BUSY!
                          Not only that but most of the Toy guys are usually drunk and about as sharp as a marble, so it should provide us Bronco owners with some quality entertainment
                          71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd
                          "everyone elses tow rig for the time being"

Comment

Originally posted by wcoast4x View Post
                            Not only that but most of the Toy guys are usually drunk and about as sharp as a marble, so it should provide us Bronco owners with some quality entertainment
                            ROTFLMAO! to true
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                              ROTFLMAO! to true
                              I guess being the Marlin Crawler crew its probably late(er) model Toys and Toyota-buggies... so yes, too true! My previous experience with Toyota guys is the FJ40 crowd, most of which are on par with Bronco guys.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Last year at 2 am rolling through Buck was the biggest bunch of Toyota Ass Hats i have seen.. Dunker than shit, dirty as shit and tyrying to climbing up anything. My Friend Doug who is a Toyota mechanic had to fix one of their rigs just to get them on up the trail to get away from us. I know the Fj-40 croud is diffrent. maybe sence these guys paid a fee they will be more mannerd.
                                KK6DAD
                                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                                X