X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Annual Rubicon Run

Originally posted by wcoast4x View Post
    Not only that but most of the Toy guys are usually drunk and about as sharp as a marble, so it should provide us Bronco owners with some quality entertainment
    I can confirm that! Same down here.
    Last edited by crawlin68; 09-04-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
      Last year at 2 am rolling through Buck was the biggest bunch of Toyota Ass Hats i have seen.. Dunker than shit, dirty as shit and tyrying to climbing up anything. My Friend Doug who is a Toyota mechanic had to fix one of their rigs just to get them on up the trail to get away from us. I know the Fj-40 croud is diffrent. maybe sence these guys paid a fee they will be more mannerd.
      I thought that was more like 10 or 11pm. Were you guys keeping count of how many you put down that night?

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
        I thought that was more like 10 or 11pm. Were you guys keeping count of how many you put down that night?
        Yeah it was 11 p.m. but 2 or 3 am sounded better for the story.. 2-5 am was the only quiet time..
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
          Yeah it was 11 p.m. but 2 or 3 am sounded better for the story.. 2-5 am was the only quiet time..
          so can i make noise until 2am?
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
            so can i make noise until 2am?

Have I mentioned that I still have FREE Sirius service? A little crankin Boneyard or Hair Nation at 2am is sure to annoy!
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

so "citychick" are you going now or what? We can't afford to loose a fellow Bronco brother because of the "Marlin Mayham" Those Toyota boys are going to be talking in camp more about how many cool old Broncos they saw on the way in than the Birfields they replaced the day before!
              71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd
              "everyone elses tow rig for the time being"

Comment

Originally posted by wcoast4x View Post
                so "citychick" are you going now or what? We can't afford to loose a fellow Bronco brother because of the "Marlin Mayham" Those Toyota boys are going to be talking in camp more about how many cool old Broncos they saw on the way in than the Birfields they replaced the day before!
                I'm about 85% sure I'm going.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Alright guys I've got a confirmed passenger and am planning to head in on Friday morning. I would like to run in with a group though the section from loon to ellis looks pretty easy. Looks can sometimes be deceiving.

So for the group heading in Friday, sounds like between 8 and 9am that morning? I can probably make that without much problem. I will be leaving from Elk Grove that morning so its not going to be a terribly long drive for me.

I am debating about my plan of attack. I would like to make it to Buck Island lake - whether I camp there is yet to be decided. If there's a crew wheeling back out to loon on Saturday, then I might consider pushing through to Buck the first day. I am undecided whether I'll stay two nights yet.

I am looking forward to this trip - the Bronco is running gooood!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Good deal Tony. Looking forward to seeing you up there.

Comment

Cool Tony. Sat AM we should have a camp at Ellis, and prob wheel out to Loon in the AM to greet remember, channel 5
                      Rick-
                      Last edited by Broncrick; 09-06-2009, 07:00 AM. Reason: speeling...
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Cool deal. Like I said, I am going to try and make it up to meet the early crew on Friday morning and wheel at least in to Ellis. Like I said, I would like to make it in to Buck Island lake, but I'm going to play it by ear once I'm up there.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

hey Rick, Tony,Anyone listening. We are headed in towards buck from loon sometime around 8-9 am. I'll have 4 people and my Jeep. Randy may be there with one of my people in his passenger seat, and Marc, if he still has a seat, may be carrying one of my friends too. Technically, the jeep has 4 seats, but not too comfortable for anyone but kids in the back. I will put the new CB in the jeep on 5, don't know how it works, don't have anyone to talk to yet. will they work over the hill from loon to ellis?
                          Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                          35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

No. We had part of group break down around there and between 3 cb's from Loon, we couldn't reach them.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I should be heading up Thursday afternoon and most likely camping somewhere near Loon that night. Then meeting up with the Friday AM group. If I get up there early enough Thursday I may wheel in to Ellis to catch up to the Thursday group, but not likely. Anyone know how long that should take?
                              I have a CB in the bronco it will be set to Ch 5!.
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

My CB is now functional and seems to be working reasonably well. I will be heading up Icehouse Road Friday morning with the hopes to find a few other Broncos up there.

Steve we'll be the Caltrans Bronco crew with our Orange rigs!
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X