This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Annual Rubicon Run

so far the hunt for a CB is impossible. no place around where i live sells anything. Anyone have a suggestion?
    still headed up on thrus.. So where are all the Thursday guys camping at night? on the dam or last years campsite?
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

is there a Fry's down there? What about a Radio Shack?
      1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Just a little FYI, Make sure your all legal as far as vehicle equip on the trail. threads on Pirate say they (leo's) are writing alot of tickets for equip and reg violations on the trail... ON THE TRAIL!!!
        Last edited by TBS-POPS; 08-30-2009, 04:36 PM.
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

what kind of vehicle equipment? I have lap belts, that's what my jeep came with. Are you REQUIRED to have a fire extinguisher? I want one, haven't gotten yet. Is there a regulations site?
          Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
          35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Not sure what the regs are, but I'm pretty sure it is considered a road, so anything you would need on the road, but you can also take green stickered vehicles on it, so I don't know what you would really need.
            Wow, I didn't answer anything there.
            Frank, you should get a fire extinguisher. They are cheap. Hell, take the one of of your bucket.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Current regs, insur, and front plate for sure. Windshield and mud flaps or lack thereof my be an issue.
              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Radio shack and fry's has nothing. There has to be some place around here. I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just a cheap cb with an output for another speaker.
                11 days left!!!!
                {o===o}
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                  Radio shack and fry's has nothing. There has to be some place around here. I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just a cheap cb with an output for another speaker.
                  11 days left!!!!
                  Is there a truck shop near by?
                  Peterbilt
                  Kenworth
                  Freightliner
                  any of those places should have one
                  1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Current regs, insur, and front plate for sure. Windshield and mud flaps or lack thereof my be an issue.
                    Mud flaps, are you serious? I never got a front plate when I bought the damn jeep, if I get a ticket for that..... well that's no good. I think I will go to Kragen or something for a smaller Extinguisher.
                    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Got my CB at Wal-mart, not installed yet, but I got one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                        Got my CB at Wal-mart, not installed yet, but I got one!!
                        i try to stay away from the one around me, but i caved and went in. they had nothing. I am going to try the frys in fremont tomorrow night.If not i can order one online and have it shipped to a radio shack near me
                        {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                          i try to stay away from the one around me, but i caved and went in. they had nothing. I am going to try the frys in fremont tomorrow night.If not i can order one online and have it shipped to a radio shack near me
                          Just buy a cheapie Uniden...it will be good enough. Im thinking of doing that just to add one to hear whats going on. I am pretty sure I have some mounts, coax, and firesticks from my old rigs.....
                          Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Trail will be crowed over the weekend, 150+ of our closest friends

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=57061.0
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Wonderful.. A Parking lot.
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                                Trail will be crowed over the weekend, 150+ of our closest friends
                                http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=57061.0

I've been out there on big weekends like that before. Not fun. Sorry guys I think I'll pass. I sit in enough traffic as it is.
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X