This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Annual Rubicon Run

Depends on where we go, what you have under the hood and what you like to do with the fun pedal. My tank used to be about 22 gallons, it's smaller now . I took a 5 gallon gas can with me and needed it (I ran out before the slabs on the way back). I have a 408 and enjoy application of the go button so your mileage may vary .
    www.ironbender.com

Comment

Originally posted by IronBenderII View Post
      Depends on where we go, what you have under the hood and what you like to do with the fun pedal. My tank used to be about 22 gallons, it's smaller now . I took a 5 gallon gas can with me and needed it (I ran out before the slabs on the way back). I have a 408 and enjoy application of the go button so your mileage may vary .
      Show off. Have you puked from donuts lately?
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Not lately - I've been slacking!
        www.ironbender.com

Comment

My 351w will drain my 23 gallon tank pretty quickly when wheeling. I always carry an extra 5 gallons and now that I know how thirsty my engine gets when in low-range all day, I am seriously considering adding back my auxiliary tank on the side, with the ol' filler on a spring like the Nitemare at WH.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Kyle, I didn't see when you are going up, I expect to be up there friday morning(loon) 8ish am, but unloading the trailer etc, I'll be ready to hit the trail with the JEEP, 9ish, I made it through with 33s and a rear detroit last year, It depends on how smooth the trail is, I went in may this year and had to be pulled over a few things with 35s. I guess the jeep Jamboree in late july fixes up the trail, lot easier to get through. I have a CB still to be installed, and walkie talkies(Midland) will be on channel 5 on both looking for bronco guys. Anyone else gonna be at loon friday morning, I thought some were coming back from ellis creek afer thurs night camping.? Patrtick? you coming back out friday, to loon first, or going in farther, no turning back?
            Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
            35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Sense I have never been on this trail, I don't where any of those places are. We are going in thurs afternoon to secure a camping spot for everyone. Where....I don't know, I'll leave that up to the guys that have been there before. We will probably be like kids on Christmas morning, so after setting up camp, we'll probably hit the trail for a night run. Then we will wait for everyone to show up that is coming in on Fri morning. Then hit the trail again for Fri wheeling.

Some of you guys that have been on this trail need to decide where we will be camping thurs night so everyone else knows where to meet up with us.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                Sense I have never been on this trail, I don't where any of those places are. We are going in thurs afternoon to secure a camping spot for everyone. Where....I don't know, I'll leave that up to the guys that have been there before. We will probably be like kids on Christmas morning, so after setting up camp, we'll probably hit the trail for a night run. Then we will wait for everyone to show up that is coming in on Fri morning. Then hit the trail again for Fri wheeling.

Some of you guys that have been on this trail need to decide where we will be camping thurs night so everyone else knows where to meet up with us.
                Do you have a GPS? I vote for Buck Island (not that I have a vote), awesome camping, you can get to the sluices, good swimming/hiking, etc.
                www.ironbender.com

Comment

Originally posted by IronBenderII View Post
                  Do you have a GPS? I vote for Buck Island (not that I have a vote), awesome camping, you can get to the sluices, good swimming/hiking, etc.
                  Nope, no GPS. But I'm going in with the group on thurs and they have been there before. We just need to designate a central camp so everyone can meet up there.

Comment

Buck Island sounds good with me

Comment

I would like to get there Thursday afternoon/evening and camp that night considering it will be a 4-5 hour drive.
                      Kyle
                      Aptos
                      1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Buck island is the good place to camp, I'll be coming in friday, can be there between 1 and 3pm friday(it's 4-5 hours on the trail from loon lake) I gues you will already be there, Is there anyone else going in friday morn instead of thursday?
                        35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                          Buck island is the good place to camp, I'll be coming in friday, can be there between 1 and 3pm friday(it's 4-5 hours on the trail from loon lake) I gues you will already be there, Is there anyone else going in friday morn instead of thursday?
                          I'm thinking that if I do make it, which I'm really hoping too, I will be getting up there Friday Morning and go in with you Frank. Buck is not a bad day in. When we get there Thurs. night around 5pm we usually go into Ellis.
                          He Frank, I'm going to be working with some of your Auburn division guys on a joint pole on Sept. 8th, anything I can harrass them about?
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Hey Mark, I have an opening for a Distribution Operator if you know anyone looking for job
                            Ken
                            69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

I don't know any of those guys, unless there was someone from 7-8 years ago that I might have worked with just a little. I was hoping to be at the dam at 8am, little while to unload, and load for the trail, that good with you? I've got myself and 2 passengers, you?

Comment

I dont think i have posted up on this but i will be attending. i have spoken with Tony T and he has filled me in a little. i dont know why i have been avoiding this thread. i guess im just to lazy to read all the posts hahaha. I will be leaving thurs morning. what time are all you sac guys waking up at. Mind if i caravan with you? the boring part of the drive is Hwy5. 50 at least has turns and keeps you awake.

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                                How much gas should I bring? I have a 15 gallon fuel cell.
                                i was running the stock rear + 10 gallons. Granted i only went as far as the little sluice but i made last from the bottom of Ice house and back to about tracy on the 12 + one 5 gallon jerry can.

Originally posted by kman67 View Post
                                I really want to make this trip. I've never been and ever year something comes up but now I have the time. I just hope I can hang with my little 33" tires. I will also be driving there!! It would be nice to meet more of you.
                                I do not want to sound cocky because karma is a B!t(H but i did hang with the crowd on the last trip. but if it wasnt for my spotter i dont thing i would have had the "balls" i did.
                                {o===o}
                                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                                Originally posted by CityHick
                                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X