This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Annual Rubicon Run

My brother (with his Toyota) and my sister and I (in the Bronco) are coming thursday morning to meet up with Matt, Rick, Tony and heading in that afternoon. Joe, you are more than welcome to join us! (and anyone else) Channel 5 on the CB sounds good to me!
    Last edited by crawlin68; 08-19-2009, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I'll try to get up there earlier on Thursday if possible. How long of a drive on the trail is it into Ellis creek?
      Pat, Rick and Tony is your group going all the way through or just in and out? I was planning to tow up there and was trying to decide the best place to park the trailer, I'll have a 25' gooseneck?
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

May I be the first to say YOU GUYS SUCK!!!!!!!!

Since I have the damn wedding to attend in Bakersfield, I will try to wheel Fordyce and the Con the next weekend. Hopefully some of you guys can make it to one or both of those.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I won't be able to commit to anything until basically right before, but I may be changing my early September plans that interfere with the Rubicon trip... Depending on what shakes out I may be up for the NCB and/or Carl's run. Playing it by ear for now.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
            I'll try to get up there earlier on Thursday if possible. How long of a drive on the trail is it into Ellis creek?
            Pat, Rick and Tony is your group going all the way through or just in and out? I was planning to tow up there and was trying to decide the best place to park the trailer, I'll have a 25' gooseneck?
            I will be trailering mine too, so I'll need to place to park my truck and trailer too.

Comment

Is anybody driving their bronco up? My trailor's not done so I'm driving.
              sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Pat and Steve, there is plenty of room at the Chalet to park your trailers. It is on the left hand side of the road once you get to Loon. You will drive you bronco a mile or two on the road before you get to the spillway. Last time I was there it was free.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I will be there... I'm planning on leaving Friday after work. Any idea where you guys will be that night?
                  www.ironbender.com

Comment

You will drive you bronco a mile or two on the road before you get to the spillway
                    I need a little more information. I plan on trailering my rig also. So do we camp by our trailers? I am down to camp where ever but it makes a big difference in what I am bringing if I am near my truck or not.

I will be there... I'm planning on leaving Friday after work. Any idea where you guys will be that night?
                    Jack you can camp with us once we figure out were we are going to.
                    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-20-2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Is anybody driving their bronco up? My trailor's not done so I'm driving.
                      Greg, Why don't you go with us. Just follow the trailers up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                        I need a little more information. I plan on trailering my rig also. So do we camp by our trailers? I am down to camp where ever but it makes a big difference in what I am bringing if I am near my truck or not.

Jack you can camp with us once we figure out were we are going to.
                        I think you can plan on NOT camping near your trailer. Buck Island is nice, the lake was really warm when I was there a few weeks ago.
                        www.ironbender.com

Comment

I really want to make this trip. I've never been and ever year something comes up but now I have the time. I just hope I can hang with my little 33" tires. I will also be driving there!! It would be nice to meet more of you.
                          Last edited by kman67; 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM.
                          Kyle
                          Aptos
                          1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Your 33's will be fine. There are bypasses for anything you don't want to get over, you could get a stock Bronco through the Rubicon if you didn't mind a couple of dings and you had enough patience/time.
                            www.ironbender.com

Comment

How much gas should I bring? I have a 15 gallon fuel cell.

Comment

I have a 15 gallon cell, and it serves me for a three day weekend, but it wouldn't hurt for you to bring some extra just in case I need to borrow it.
                                Really it depends on how thristy you bronco is, and how much extra wheeling you are going to be doing.
                                Marc D.
                                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                                X