• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Annual Rubicon Run

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
    cool i can follow you
    I'll get in that line.
    sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Well, instead of fixing my bronco with about two weeks left till the run, I decide to remove the whole front suspension off my 67 camaro which is sitting on my trailer that I need to haul my bronco to the trail with. I guess that leaves two weeks to put two vehicles back together. Why do I do it?
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Its the challenge Darin!!
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by u14 View Post
          I'll get in that line.
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
          cool i can follow you
          That's my kind of wheeling... No trailer to haul a broken rig home on! Plus I can't afford much breakage at the moment - the house still needs a roof...

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
          Well, instead of fixing my bronco with about two weeks left till the run, I decide to remove the whole front suspension off my 67 camaro which is sitting on my trailer that I need to haul my bronco to the trail with. I guess that leaves two weeks to put two vehicles back together. Why do I do it?
          Darin, you sound like me. I got in one hell of a jam before my last camping trip and ended up driving my full size truck up. It was still fun but not quite the same. Better luck to you.

It is awfully short notice but it looks like I'm not going on my planned trip that conflicted with the 'con run. I don't think my work schedule will accomodate a long weekend when y'all are planning to be up there but I am going to see what I can do. My rig is running and driving very well again.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
            NORK2BG, I will definitely be going. I think the plan is to camp at Buck and do the trails from there. I like this idea because we don't have to pack up all are shit every day.
            I am definitely going and my brother is coming with me in his 4Runner. I like the camping in one spot and wheeling from there each day idea too. Then we don't spend hours each day setting up and tearing down camp.

Comment

Myself and Bronco Bender will be there along with some of our group from the annual Barrett Lake runs. Hope to see you all there. We will be coming in Thursday evening and hitting the trail Friday AM. We might stay one night on the trail possibly Spyder Lake if anyone wants to join. Trail will be pretty busy with the Marlin Crawler Roundup the same weekend. And no my rig is not done
              71'Bronco 5.8efi, ZF5, Atlas 5:1, ARB 44,CTM,s & Warns, Stage 8, 9" 4.88 detroit, disc, 31 spline Dutchmans, 1350 yoke, Duff arms WH coils, Deaver rear "Full ground up in the works"

05 Dodge CTD 4x4 6spd
              "everyone elses tow rig for the time being"

Comment

I've said it before but I'll do it again, I'll be at loon to go in Friday AM, 8ish to 8:30ish is the plan, with maybe as many as 3-4 rigs showing up at that time, only one or 2(Maybe) Broncos, My jeep, Maybe a buggy, maybe a toyota or 2, and maybe another Jeep. I should have the CB in the jeep by then, and be on 5, so as soon as it is off the trailer..........Marc, will you be there then?, where would you want to meet up on the way?
                Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Channel 5 on the CB's!!

Comment

2 meter Simplex 147.405
                    Any repeaters you guys suggest up there?
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

I'll give ya more when I get home, but we run the .805 repeater along the trail (simplex mostly!) I can even hit it w/an HT in my yard. Good for parts runs/emergencys. Placer Co SAR uses it
                      Home now, 'Con repeater is 146.805 minus, pl 123 Manuel what your call? KE6DKQ here....
                      Last edited by Broncrick; 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM. Reason: update
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                        ...'Con repeater is 146.805 minus, pl 123 Manuel what your call? KE6DKQ here....
                        Thanks Rick,
                        I had heard they had a dedicated repeater up there. I filled a vanity call app so my old call sign should be active by then: KC6RUF
                        (Delta Kilo Quebec...Its easier to say phonetically..thats cool)
                        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                          I've said it before but I'll do it again, I'll be at loon to go in Friday AM, 8ish to 8:30ish is the plan, with maybe as many as 3-4 rigs showing up at that time, only one or 2(Maybe) Broncos, My jeep, Maybe a buggy, maybe a toyota or 2, and maybe another Jeep. I should have the CB in the jeep by then, and be on 5, so as soon as it is off the trailer..........Marc, will you be there then?, where would you want to meet up on the way?
                          Still not sure I'm going yet, but if I do, that time works for me.
                          Marc D.
                          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

what is with all the repeater talk?, I don't understand any of the radio lingo, except the channel. Is this something my cheap cobra CB will have any use of?
                            Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                            35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                              what is with all the repeater talk?, I don't understand any of the radio lingo, except the channel. Is this something my cheap cobra CB will have any use of?
                              Nope, the repeater is for the fancy ham radio operator guys. Your work truck probably has a radio in it that utilizes a repeater. Our handheld radios do.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                                Nope, the repeater is for the fancy ham radio operator guys.
                                Yep thats us Think cell towers, you call in to it and it sends your call/info to a lager area. No your CB wont be able to do it. But your CB is far cheaper
                                Rick-
                                Jonesing for the run!
                                68 Slightly modified
                                67 LUBR once again
                                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X