This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Annual Rubicon Run

just pulled out the Bronco getting it ready for the RUBICON will there be any one at Bucks Lake
    Have Truck, Trailer, and Bronco will travel

Jes L.

Comment

Originally posted by NORK2BG View Post
      just pulled out the Bronco getting it ready for the RUBICON will there be any one at Bucks Lake
      Jess, where I stay isn't set in stone. Was thinking of Ellis, but you never know. You bringing some of that orange creamsickle beer?
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Well, the rig seems to be about ready for the 'con. Just re-checked my whole front end, greased everything, checked torque on a bunch of fasteners and checked most of the fluids. I'm even about half packed. I also took the rig out for a wide-open throttle flogging on a back road. All systems appear to be "go".

Now I just need to get through the work day tomorrow (telecommuting) and hit the road in the afternoon/evening. I'm still planning on a Friday morning arrival at Loon Lake. Probably won't get out of Livermore tomorrow until 7 or 8pm. I can't wait!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Me and my bro thrashed on the pig all day today. Went thru the valves again and re assembled the motor. Covert came over and helped with the final details and....... It goes sideways into 2nd gear.... on 40's. Wait till it gets the GT 40 and 5.13's. It's left me with perma grin.
          Leavin around 10 to 12 on Thurs.....
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

its been a long day. rig is ready 100%, tools packed, spares 50%, cloths 20%, food & beer 0%. its gonna be a long day tomorrow. Ill shoot for Loon at 3 to 4pm.
            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
              Me and my bro thrashed on the pig all day today. Went thru the valves again and re assembled the motor. Covert came over and helped with the final details and....... It goes sideways into 2nd gear.... on 40's. Wait till it gets the GT 40 and 5.13's. It's left me with perma grin.
              Holy crap! Sideways in 2nd gear on 40s is nuts! Glad to hear its running so well... See you up there.

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
              its been a long day. rig is ready 100%, tools packed, spares 50%, cloths 20%, food & beer 0%. its gonna be a long day tomorrow. Ill shoot for Loon at 3 to 4pm.
              Glad I'm not the only one who's in a last minute thrash to get ready. Seems to go that way no matter how well you try and plan ahead!
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                If anyone has an iPod or mp3 player they can use my truck for some BBQ music. I'm sure most will not like all my music, but I do have some stuff that the group cam agree on.
                miley cyrus "party in the usa"
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                  me and my bro thrashed on the pig all day today. Went thru the valves again and re assembled the motor. Covert came over and helped with the final details and....... It goes sideways into 2nd gear.... On 40's. Wait till it gets the gt 40 and 5.13's. It's left me with perma grin.
                  Leavin around 10 to 12 on thurs.....
                  sweet!
                  Last edited by seahawkfan; 09-10-2009, 02:00 PM.
                  Vacaville, Ca
                  67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Anybody heading up tomorrow after work??
                    www.ironbender.com

Comment

Everything I didn't forget is loaded and we are heading out the door. We will be staying somewhere around Loon tonight and meeting the group tomorrow morning around 8-9 am.
                      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I'm just about on the road myself. To quote Highlander, everything I didn't forget is loaded up and surprisingly it's taking up less space than expected. I guess I'm getting better at packing and taking only what's needed... or at least that's the theory.

I will be leaving Elk Grove early tomorrow morning (unless we get a wild hair and drive up to Loon this evening - doubtful though). I will be joining the 8am-9am crowd so be on the lookout for my rig. It's easy to spot... Sounds like we've got a decent crew headed in tomorrow morning, which is good - the more spotters the better.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Okay, looks like I'm headed in on my own. I'm going to be leaving EG @ 5 or 6 tomorrow and will hopefully make it to bucks Friday night. Probably just an over nighter for me though...
                          www.ironbender.com

Comment

Got everything i can think of.... be at LOON @ 9 - 10 A.M.
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by IronBenderII View Post
                              Anybody heading up tomorrow after work??
                              I'm heading up tomorrow before work. Hope they don't miss me. I'm leaving as soon as Starbucks opens.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I hope to be at loon at 8-830am, see you there. Ch 5 on the CB
                                Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                                35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X