Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

looks good tony.. I wish i could have made it!! 203/205 sounds like the way to go..

A
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

No problem Tony. I had a good time with you guys yesterday too. Looks like you made it home in one piece.

Comment

Wait till you put the 203 doubler together....oh those needle bearings are a pain! I actually got it together on my second try, I think it was 108 of them little bastards? Anyways it was 3 rings of them that had to go in there and then drive the pin through without misaligning them or getting out of whack. Looks like you guys had fun!

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
          My house bitch Joe just gave up some of the pic's he took on "flex it up day". Also got one of Justin 's mini me (has that same intense look).
          will benjamin (justin's mini-me) be attending the work party at sean's house??????????

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
            Wait till you put the 203 doubler together....oh those needle bearings are a pain! I actually got it together on my second try, I think it was 108 of them little bastards? Anyways it was 3 rings of them that had to go in there and then drive the pin through without misaligning them or getting out of whack. Looks like you guys had fun!
            Has anyone tried using some thick grease to help hold the needle bearings in place during assembly? When I was at Wyo tech, that is what we did for rebuilding ZF transmissions for articulating loaders.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
              Has anyone tried using some thick grease to help hold the needle bearings in place during assembly? When I was at Wyo tech, that is what we did for rebuilding ZF transmissions for articulating loaders.
              That is exactly what I did when I rebuilt my D20. Works great!
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

That is what Tony and I did last weekend when we rebuilt our NP205's. Works great.

Comment

I did use grease as well. I have heard using Vaseline is even better since it will dissolve into the gear oil once it is running again vs the grease that will stay there for the most part and can trap dirt and metal particles. Not that the 205 or 203 are going to need maintenance or replacement very often but thats just a tip that was passed onto me.

Just make sure the wife doesnt think you are doing weird things in the garage with the vaseline...you know lubing your bearings and shaft while hanging out with the Bronco.

Here are some pics of when I rebuilt mine and put the doubler together on the kitchen counter
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PDXBronco; 03-07-2009, 08:10 AM.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                    Here are some pics of when I rebuilt mine and put the doubler together on the kitchen counter
                    Now that is a job for when the wife is out of town!!!
                    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Nice use of the diaper box. I have diaper boxes under the bronco to craw on.
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

My room is full of parts. But that's only because the wife moved out.
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

tito that is the greatest idea ever, if i rebuilt something on the kitchen counter i would be banished to the garage for atleast a month. It would be like camping only more productive.
                          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Tony, throw us a bone, what ya up too? swap?
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                              Tony, throw us a bone, what ya up too? swap?
                              Shit hes been workin..
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                                Shit hes been workin..
                                No excuse
                                68 Slightly modified
                                67 LUBR once again
                                61 Willy Wagon

Comment