Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Be in the garage today after a nap. Post some pic's tonight....
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

When I rebuilt my 203 and d20, I found that in addition to using the grease, that as soon as you have all the needle bearings in place slide a socket slightly smaller than the shaft in to hold them in place. This works especially well for the counter shaft. You can even let them hang out through the case a little to hold the gears in place until you slide the counter shaft through. The sockets will just push out. I have also heard of people using wood dowels for the same purpose.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Got the 435/203/205 ready to install. Had to make a new bracket for the cable to the 203. The one sent with the triple sticks was wrong. Slid that heavy pig under the truck.
        Now, did I listen when Aaron said," Don't hurt yourself tryin to do it yourself bud. Wait for some help". Nope!
        Or When Justin said, "Dude, just wait. Don't want to crush yourself. It can wait until next week". Once again. Nope!

Well I kinda did. I got Joe, my house bitch. He counts, right? Now those of you who know him have got to be asking yourselves, "what was he thinking"?
        Well, the answer is, I Don't Know.
        Had the unit within a 1/2" of turning bell housing bolts. Figured I'd roll out and take a break. That's when it happened. The damn thing slipped off of the jack and fell on my right arm. Holy SH@T!!!! You can't truly appreciate how heavy these things are until they fall almost three feet and land on your forearm, smashing it into the concrete.
        Good news is, it's not broken. Just really jacked up. The bad news is, I sat at UC Davis from 8:00 pm until 2:30 am. I'm still tryin to figure out why you need to wear a hospital gown for a possible broken arm. Any ideas Aaron?
        I swear. Next time I'll listen. I really will.
        (the flip off is for me)
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

And a couple pre stupidity pic's.
          Can't forget the other mod I just picked up.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mary just read this over my shoulder and said "stupid hurts!" Glad your arm is "OK" as it may be....A phone call would have gotten ya lots of help bud!!!! Nice plate!! "BRKNWNG" would have been appropriate!!!
            Last edited by TBS-POPS; 03-17-2009, 04:42 AM.
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Dude... Not cool! Hope the arm is feeling better and I'm glad its not broken. I can't even imagine how it didn't break!
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Knucklehead!!!..............glad you're alright
                Brad
                Chico, Ca.

Comment

so basically from that time frame, you did this right after we got off the phone.
                  Glad you all right bud.

and where's the pics of the smashed arm?
                  72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
                    Knucklehead!!!..............glad you're alright

Knucklehead fits

Comment

Damn Tony......
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Damn Tony! I just pulled my 435/203/205 out this past weekend, so I can attest as to how heavy they are! You would never think that those things are that heavy until you try to pick one up. (or one falls on your arm)

Hope your arm is ok.

Comment

Sounds like we will need to have a install party at Tonys and then at my house after.. After reading this I will not be trying to install mine on my own. Once we get people with the right tools(Tranny Jack) we can figure out a day to help Tony and then myself.. He was trying this basically alone and with an incomplete transmission jack (missing parts).. wow wakes us all up.. Now you made me nervous to start pulling my 435 and D20 today.. I figured i could do it buy myself.. maybe i'll wait on that too.

Aaron
                          Last edited by Daddy4zack; 03-17-2009, 11:55 AM.
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

With the D20, coming out is doable. It's about 100 lbs lighter. I did mine alone in an hour.
                            I will definatley supply the food and beer/sodas for an install party. And I'm in whenever you need the help Aaron. Once I can use my arm again
                            Last edited by blwngsket; 03-17-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

That SH&T gets heavy guick, glad you are all right. Could have been much worse !! Heal soon need you for the Nor-Cal UA

Brian
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

harbor freight has 2 different tranny jacks, fairly inexpensive. I am sure one could be modified for bronco use.
                                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Working...
                                X