X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Lookin good!
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
      That's what we where thinking. Maybe some Deevers. Might want to try those 3.5's.
      Look's great! What coils do have front and rear now? I have spent a lot of time comparing spring rates for bronco coils and Deaver's are by far the softest. Older BCB springs are Deavers, but they no longer sell Deavers and there new one's are stiffer.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
        Look's great! What coils do have front and rear now? I have spent a lot of time comparing spring rates for bronco coils and Deaver's are by far the softest. Older BCB springs are Deavers, but they no longer sell Deavers and there new one's are stiffer.
        I have Wild horses 5.5" progressive up front and WH 3.5 progressive in the rear.
        The Deaver website says that Bronco graveyard and BC sell there bronco coils. I'm thinking I may get rid of the stock coil towers up front and weld in some Ballistic's and another set of 3.5" springs. That or some 4 or 5" Deavers.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
          I have Wild horses 5.5" progressive up front and WH 3.5 progressive in the rear.
          The Deaver website says that Bronco graveyard and BC sell there bronco coils. I'm thinking I may get rid of the stock coil towers up front and weld in some Ballistic's and another set of 3.5" springs. That or some 4 or 5" Deavers.
          Mine was pretty balanced with WH 5.5" front and WH 3.5" rears. I switched to 4.5" Deavers in the rear to get a little softer and level things out(it was a tad low in the rear) and now the rear overworks the front. The rear flexed more with the Deavers but it allows more body roll on the highway too. I picked up some 4.5" WH coils to try in the rear, but haven't had a chance to try yet. If it still flexes more in the rear I may try the Deavars in front too.
          Keep in mind that if all your front c-bushings are new they will break in some and become more flexy.
          Last edited by highlander; 02-23-2009, 09:20 PM.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Yeah.... everything is new... I think I'll wait until I twist it up a bit on the trail this summer. Beside I think I have enough flex for now.
            Can't wait
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

these are the Deavers coils for the front.. i loved them..

A
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Is that legal, running the ramp on the street?

Where's a cop when you need one?
                70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Hey,I had a cone out, and law Enforcement was aware of the situation.

Comment

If I remember right, a rule of thumb for coils from the same manufacture is that the taller the spring, the more rate it will have. I say run it for a while, and then think about switching up the front. Maybe even trying the 3.5's in the front and some stockers in the back.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

My house bitch Joe just gave up some of the pic's he took on "flex it up day". Also got one of Justin 's mini me (has that same intense look).
                      Attached Files

Comment

That is some sweet flex bro!

Comment

front shocks look too short.. you may get more droop out of the front.pic 1..
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Sunday was 205 rebuild day. I'd like to thank Patrick for the use of his garage, and Justin for flying co pilot and snapping pictures. Can't forget his skills at reading the re build manual and keeping track of the new parts.

We got to Patrick's at about 12:15 and left at about 9:30. No fartin around, It took us that long.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I bought some new shift rails to make my 205 a true twin stick. You can see the difference between the two. Patrick did a little weld fill here and a little grinding there to make very good copies out of his stock rails.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by blwngsket; 03-09-2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

9:30 at night and the job is done. I couldn't resist and had to buy the billit bling bling for mine. I was surprised at how easy this truly was.
                                Good time with good people. Thanks again Patrick for the garage and the swag. Buy the way. Did you guys notice. Patrick has a stainless steel folding table?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X