No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya brother. As soon as I finish the green resto mod (in my garage now) and my uncles 66 charger 4 sp 383 fastback (sweet...) I am going right where you are...I'll just have an automatic...but full frame off, new body is going on. I have a rust free tub that I have been carting around for a few years. I will be making a trailer out of my tub...long project...but definitely worth it.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I find It very hard as well. All my friends say I not gonna wheel it, cause I puting in so much time and work to make things look and perform well. Its hard to do sloppy work even though were gonna just bend things up a bit. I say well with I nice looking rig it will just make me a better driver in the nasty stuff. It will be about faness driving and not thrashing.
      70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
        I will be making a trailer out of my tub...long project...but definitely worth it.

I am on the look out for a cheap EB that I can make a trailer out of too. All I really need is a good rear tub and rear frame. Let me know if you hear of any.

Comment

I have seen this one on the other side of town here in livermore and from the street it looks like the front fenders have been removed at least on the pass side. If you want I can get off my lazy..... and go ask if they would sell and take some pics.
          Chris
          70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
            I have seen this one on the other side of town here in livermore and from the street it looks like the front fenders have been removed at least on the pass side. If you want I can get off my lazy..... and go ask if they would sell and take some pics.
            Chris

Sure...what the heck. It never hurts to ask. Yeah some pics would be great too. If they don't want an arm and a leg for it, might be worth it. Maybe some others would want some other parts off of it too. Let me know what you find out. Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
              I am on the look out for a cheap EB that I can make a trailer out of too. All I really need is a good rear tub and rear frame. Let me know if you hear of any.
              I have the back half of my bronco sitting in my driveway. It's cut right behind the body mounts(behind the seats). Although the body has dents(not quite mint ) and the frame has a shackleflip and no front hangers.
              70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by bent70
                I have the back half of my bronco sitting in my driveway. It's cut right behind the body mounts(behind the seats). Although the body has dents(not quite mint ) and the frame has a shackleflip and no front hangers.

So you have a frame and rear half of the tub? You say that the body has dents, is it solid though? Any rusted throgh spots or anything like that? And you flipped the rear hangers over and the front leaf spring hangers are cut off? Mmmmmm, might make a good trailer with some work. Do you have any pictures of it? How much would you want for it?

Comment

Crawlin68
                  Does it matter which 205 t-case I get? Is there one that is perfered over the other. I have seen a few that are chevy and from a divorced setup. What is a good price?
                  Thanks
                  Chris

Comment

you want the MARRIED Ford 205. A good price is under 200 for a REAL nice one and a hundred for one that needs a little. Jack has a used unit for a hundred bucks.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

So 100 bucks, what does it need? I need to meet Jack it seams he is starting to have alot of things I need.
                      Chris

Comment

I don't know the true history. I know that it came out of the same 79 bronco that your HP came out of. Not much can happen to a 205. It might need a seal kit. I was going to buy this but I have since decided to go with an AOD and an Atlas 5:1. So, I know he still has it. Call him at 613-7489

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
                          Crawlin68
                          Does it matter which 205 t-case I get? Is there one that is perfered over the other. I have seen a few that are chevy and from a divorced setup. What is a good price?
                          Thanks
                          Chris

As Delta said, you most definitely want a married 205 NOT a divorced 205. And of course a Ford, so your drop is on the driver's side. $100 is a great price for a good 205. Grab it!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                            So you have a frame and rear half of the tub? You say that the body has dents, is it solid though? Any rusted throgh spots or anything like that? And you flipped the rear hangers over and the front leaf spring hangers are cut off? Mmmmmm, might make a good trailer with some work. Do you have any pictures of it? How much would you want for it?
                            I have the rear half of the frame and the rear half of the tub. There are a few little dents and the rear corner has rock rash. Rust wise there is none. I made new hangers in the back that are welded to the frame and custom bumper, while the front hangers were cut in half. pic
                            imagine everything cut off from bed forward. I'll try and get real photo tomarrow.
                            Price, I don't know what ever you think is fair.
                            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Yeah post some pics if you get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by bent70
                                I have the rear half of the frame and the rear half of the tub. There are a few little dents and the rear corner has rock rash. Rust wise there is none. I made new hangers in the back that are welded to the frame and custom bumper, while the front hangers were cut in half. pic
                                imagine everything cut off from bed forward. I'll try and get real photo tomarrow.
                                Price, I don't know what ever you think is fair.

Where are you located? I am in Fresno, CA.

Comment

Working...
                                X