Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
    As soon as I get the time...my eb will be torn down...and rebuilt...

Are you still planning on being in Fresno this month?

Comment

It's looking like the Charger will be finished being painted mid July...
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
        It's looking like the Charger will be finished being painted mid July...

Give me a call when your coming through if want to stop by for a and we can talk some bronco talk.

Comment

10-4
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Ok....here is the passenger side cowl all welded up. This piece took a little more trimming and bending than the others, but all in all it fit pretty nice. Not too bad for an amateur like me. Now it's on to the floor pans.
            Attached Files

Comment

It's looking great!
              71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Yesterday I put the body on the frame so I could cut my fenders and rockers. I also cut the rear inner fenders to stretch them back 7 inches to fit those 38's up in there.
                Attached Files

Comment

So whats the wheelbase 96"? You said you moved the rear 4" back and I'm guessing stock wb is 92".

Looks real good...
                  70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by bent70
                    So whats the wheelbase 96"? You said you moved the rear 4" back and I'm guessing stock wb is 92".

Looks real good...

Yup, my wheelbase is now 96 inches.

Comment

I got the passenger side floor pan all welded up last night. I put in over 100 self tapping sheet metal screws and then over 100 spot welds. Needless to say, it's not going to fall out. Now I need to get started on the drivers side floor pan.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Questions:

1) How much $$ is in the rear 60...everything
                        2) I see the pic of the rear wheel tub from the stretched wheelbase, but Don't really understand what you did. Simply cut and move it back and then plan to fill??? Did you move the spring mounts too? Details...I am very close to doing the same thing you did and have the same gas tank you have...Change crossmembers.
                        3) Where are you located and can I come see the vehicle.

Nice work by the way!!!

Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I am in Fresno, where are you? You are more than welcome to come by anytime. I'm out working on it almost every night and certainly every weekend. I'll be out in the garage tomorrow for sure. It would probably be a lot easier if you just stopped buy than me trying to type the answers to your questions. I'm a horrible typer. Just let me know when and make sure I've got some in the frig.

Comment

Well...I just went by there, I was at Disneyland, but I live in Folsom...near Sacramento. No big. I understand the typing thing.

I'll make it simple...to get the extension in the rear did you cut the frame and extend it or just the body? If you just extended the body did you build a new crossmember/move the gas tank back?

Marlon
                            Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Got the drivers side floor pan in today. Whew! Now I just need to finish widening the front and rear wheel wells. I'll keep you posted. I also did some tunnel cover repair from the PO hack job!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NOTPRETTY
                                Well...I just went by there, I was at Disneyland, but I live in Folsom...near Sacramento. No big. I understand the typing thing.

I'll make it simple...to get the extension in the rear did you cut the frame and extend it or just the body? If you just extended the body did you build a new crossmember/move the gas tank back?

Marlon

Darn, you should have stopped by.

To stretch the wheel base, I cut off the 4 spring hangers and moved them back 4 inches on the frame and welded them in place. I cut out the stock rear frame crossmember and made a custom crossmember that is notched up 3 inches. (see pic) I moved the crossmember back 4 inches towards the rear of the frame too. I also moved the 24 gal gas tank back to end of the frame rails. (see pic)

I did it this way because I wanted retain the stock Bronco body. I love the way the body looks stock. I didn't want to stretch the body. I think that changes the looks of the Bronco too much for my taste. Let me know if you have any more questions or if I can be of any help.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X