No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just noticed the unistrut on your tank for adjustable mounting! That is a slick way to go. Is their any back up plan if the uni-nuts slip at all? Nice job so far.
    Kevin
    Winters Ca.
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Rokcrln
      I just noticed the unistrut on your tank for adjustable mounting! That is a slick way to go. Is their any back up plan if the uni-nuts slip at all? Nice job so far.
      Kevin
      Winters Ca.

Thanks. Yeah the tank and the skid plate both have the unistrut. It makes it easy to raise the tank right up to the bottom of the body, even if you change to a different body lift later. To ensure that it doesn't slip I put a tack weld on each unistrut. That should hold it up there tight, but easy enough to grind off later if need be.

Comment

can i make a suggestion.... I would hard line the fuel lines as much as possible along the frame... you don't want to spring a leak and spray fuel on the hot exhaust system... I met a guy that had that happen to his bronco while wheeling,, burned to the ground
        70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbronco
          can i make a suggestion.... I would hard line the fuel lines as much as possible along the frame... you don't want to spring a leak and spray fuel on the hot exhaust system... I met a guy that had that happen to his bronco while wheeling,, burned to the ground

Wow! How old were his rubber lines?

Comment

Pat, that thing is looking great. I will be through the Fresno area around the 1st and 5th of August. You going to be around on either day? Like to come by and take a gander at your work. Thanks FM
            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

the fuel lines were only a few years old.. but the heat from the exhaust caused them to get dry and brittle faster then normal
              70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                Pat, that thing is looking great. I will be through the Fresno area around the 1st and 5th of August. You going to be around on either day? Like to come by and take a gander at your work. Thanks FM

Sure, I will be around. Monday mornings aren't good for me, but Monday after noon or anytime Friday. Let me which and I'll be sure to be home.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbronco
                  the fuel lines were only a few years old.. but the heat from the exhaust caused them to get dry and brittle faster then normal

Ahhh. I think I might just look into hard lines. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

gears

Patrick
                    Is your project for the trail only or will it be a weekend driver as well. I was wondering what your diff gearing will be. I was paying with the numbers and I was planning on a 75 mph instead of the 60 with a 37 inch tire in 4th i would be at 2800 with a 4.11 and with the np435/203/205 setup with everything in low i would be at 162:1. What would your thoughts be. I think the inbetween gear might be a lil high geared.

Chris
                    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
                      Patrick
                      Is your project for the trail only or will it be a weekend driver as well. I was wondering what your diff gearing will be. I was paying with the numbers and I was planning on a 75 mph instead of the 60 with a 37 inch tire in 4th i would be at 2800 with a 4.11 and with the np435/203/205 setup with everything in low i would be at 162:1. What would your thoughts be. I think the inbetween gear might be a lil high geared.

Chris

Hey Chris,

It will be driven on weekends, around town and trails/rocks, but it's not my daily driver. I am running 5:13 gears and with all of the gear calculators that I played around with, mine came out to between 2800 and 2900 RPM at 60 MPH. My crawl ratio is 135:1. How did you come up with 162:1 with 4.11 gears? With your 4.11 gears and a 435/203/205 set up I come out with 107:1.

Patrick

Comment

Gears

Patrick
                        Well all you do is multiply each gear to the next. So yours should be 205:1
                        6.69*2*3*5.13 which is 205. Did I go worng with the gear?
                        Chris
                        70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Patrick
                          Well all you do is multiply each gear to the next. So yours should be 205:1
                          6.69*2*3*5.13 which is 205. Did I go worng with the gear?
                          Chris

Yeah, I multiplied the NP435 x 203 x 205 x Gears so it should look like 6.69 x 2.0 x 1.96 x 5:13 = 135. Where did you get the "3" in your calculation?
                          Last edited by crawlin68; 07-19-2005, 07:34 AM.

Comment

There it is! I thought the 205 had a 3:1 ratio. I could have sworn that Carl mentioned that the 205 was 3:1. If that is the case I gotta do a different setup.
                            Chris

Comment

There it is! I thought the 205 had a 3:1 ratio. I could have sworn that Carl mentioned that the 205 was 3:1. If that is the case I gotta do a different setup.
                              Chris

Boy I wish that the 205 was a 3:1! That would be awesome! But unfortunately it is only 1.96:1. That is the only undesirable trait about the 205, the gear reduction kind of sucks at only 1.96:1. No one that I know of makes lower gears for the 205 either. Now you can get a lower gear set for the 203 that makes it a 3:1, but they cost about $1000. Out of my price range. But still....if you do use the 4:11 gears, that would give you a great highway gear and 108:1 crawl ratio when you engage the 203 is very respectable. It's the best of both worlds!

Comment

Well I guess im gonna be forced into a Klune-v And Atlas setup. My goal is verstial for hardcore trail and a weekend ride. Thanks for clearing me up on the 203/205 setup. NOw as for the F150 4x4 steering box, now is that a way to go with the Redneck Ram conversion.
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X