No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have the f-150 box but I haven't done a lot of research on the ram steering yet. I'm just going to run it like it is for now and see what happens. I have a feeling that ram steering may be in my future though. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
      Well I guess im gonna be forced into a Klune-v And Atlas setup. My goal is verstial for hardcore trail and a weekend ride. Thanks for clearing me up on the 203/205 setup. NOw as for the F150 4x4 steering box, now is that a way to go with the Redneck Ram conversion.
      Chris
      Why are you forced to go with a atlas/klune for the gearing you described youi wanted in the last page?
      Why not 4-1 klune to a 205?
      You get:
      53-1 klune high/205 low
      109.7-1 klune low/ 205 high
      215-1 klune low/ 205 low
      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Im not forced in the sense that I have no options. I was under a false understanding that the 203/205 was a 2:1 and 3:1 ratio, which would be a kick as combo at a cheaper price. That ratio is the combo I want so as far as I know the Klune and atlas setup is the closest match, so I can have a versital rig.
        Chris
        70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbronco
          can i make a suggestion.... I would hard line the fuel lines as much as possible along the frame... you don't want to spring a leak and spray fuel on the hot exhaust system... I met a guy that had that happen to his bronco while wheeling,, burned to the ground

Well....I took your advice and ran steel fuel line along the top of my frame rails. On the passenger side where the fuel line goes right under the header, I fabbed up a little heat shield to protect the fuel from getting so hot. Thanks for the advice!
          Attached Files

Comment

There it is! I thought the 205 had a 3:1 ratio. I could have sworn that Carl mentioned that the 205 was 3:1. If that is the case I gotta do a different setup.
            Chris
            Nope. Sorry I misled you. I did mention that a 3:1 kit was out for the 203 and I heard some one was making a kit for the 205 but cannot confirm...
            Last edited by Delta 4 Wheel; 09-13-2005, 07:01 PM.
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
              Well....I took your advice and ran steel fuel line along the top of my frame rails. On the passenger side where the fuel line goes right under the header, I fabbed up a little heat shield to protect the fuel from getting so hot. Thanks for the advice!

nice...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Who makes the lower 3:1 gear set for the 203?
                Chris
                70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

http://www.wagonermachine.com

Comment

I was under a false understanding that the 203/205 was a 2:1 and 3:1 ratio, which would be a kick as combo at a cheaper price.
                    Hey I agree with the 205 to klune set-up. The 205 is basically 2:1 and the klune could either be 2.7:1 or 4:1 your choice. Either way thats alot of gears. I have buddies with 200:1 final gears and they RARELY use them. Just be careful its easy to go into overkill.
                    If you want a bomb proof steering system then go with the Red Neck ram it works great. I got mine in a couple weeks back and the front end feels SOLID. I would highly recommend it. FM
                    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                    1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                      Hey I agree with the 205 to klune set-up. The 205 is basically 2:1 and the klune could either be 2.7:1 or 4:1 your choice. Either way thats alot of gears. I have buddies with 200:1 final gears and they RARELY use them. Just be careful its easy to go into overkill.
                      If you want a bomb proof steering system then go with the Red Neck ram it works great. I got mine in a couple weeks back and the front end feels SOLID. I would highly recommend it. FM
                      Hey Chuck. Would you mind posting some detailed pics of your EB? It looked sweet in the tshirt pics...would love to see more.

HOw much does the Klune lengthen the drive train??

Comment

Well...I welded in some rear inner fender cut outs from a donor EB in order to stretch inner fenders out enough to get those big ol' 38.5 up in there. Stretched the front inner fender wells too. Notched the core support forward about 2 inches and now it's on the trailer to take it over to have the Super Liner shot inside, underneath and in the engine bay. I can't wait to get it back!
                        Attached Files

Comment

SOB.. that is going to be a nice rig when it is all said and done. I would LOVE to be there the first time you lay it in to a rock...ever so gently. (and it will happen) I used to have a really clean rig...one dent turned into a body swap plan.

Comment

Looking Good

Comment

Who makes the lower 3:1 gear set for the 203?
                              Chris

Thanks!

Here is the link for the 203 gears. CLICK HERE

They are $1000 though.
                              Last edited by crawlin68; 08-16-2005, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                                SOB.. that is going to be a nice rig when it is all said and done. I would LOVE to be there the first time you lay it in to a rock...ever so gently. (and it will happen) I used to have a really clean rig...one dent turned into a body swap plan.
                                Yeah I know it is going to happen too. I'm trying not to build it "too nice" to beat up on the rocks just because I don't want to when it does happen. Sometimes I can't help myself though because I am a little anal retentive about things and I get carried away.

Comment

Working...
                                X