Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWEET....
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I spent some more time out in the garage tonight putting some of my dash together. I also hooked up my hydraulic clutch. Here's some of the latest pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

Your rig is coming a long great. How much do you charge to paint a Bronco?
        I finally got my rear Hanson bumper after 3 months of waiting. I have had to extend my frame since it was hacked off! Soon or later I'll be where you are. How long has it taken to get to where you are now?

Chris
        70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Patrick, you need to stop posting thse kind of pics...thier making me feel inadequate...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
            Your rig is coming a long great. How much do you charge to paint a Bronco?
            I finally got my rear Hanson bumper after 3 months of waiting. I have had to extend my frame since it was hacked off! Soon or later I'll be where you are. How long has it taken to get to where you are now?

Chris

Thanks Chris. This is probably the first and last paint job that I will ever do. What a pain in the arss! Actually, I like the spraying part, it's doing all of the body work that sucks. It's just so darn time consuming.

I've been working on this for about a year now. It's taken longer than I originally planned on, although I have changed A LOT of things and upgraded a lot of things that I originally didn't think that I would do. So what's new, huh?

Are you still planning on making a trip down to Fresno?

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
              Patrick, you need to stop posting thse kind of pics...thier making me feel inadequate...

LOL! You're crazy. You guys are the ones with all of the knowledge and know how, I'm just making most of this up as I go!

Comment

Look awesome. Is that the new blank replacement dash that Chuck sells or just an overlay? Did you drill the holes yourself or have someone else do it? What size is your speedo and tach? I need to get mine started in the next month.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                  LOL! You're crazy. You guys are the ones with all of the knowledge and know how, I'm just making most of this up as I go!
                  I make it up as I go each time. By the time I am done with one rig, I forget what I did at the beggining...

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy
                    Look awesome. Is that the new blank replacement dash that Chuck sells or just an overlay? Did you drill the holes yourself or have someone else do it? What size is your speedo and tach? I need to get mine started in the next month.

It is an overlay that I got from a local guy. I gave him the measurements and what design I wanted and where to place everything and he laser cut it out for me. Speedo and tach are 5 inch, the rest are the 2 5/8 size.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I already have the other gauges in 2 1/6" but still need to buy the tach and speedo and am leaning towards the 3 3/8" ones. I think will take some measurements of how I want my layout and give BC a call and see about a custom replacement dash.

Comment

• I LIKEY 100%!!!!

As for the overlay, I just cut half the crap i didnt want in my dash out to make room for the new 18(?) gauge sheet metal to go over and riveted that to the original dash.

Yanked the dash last night in order to do some more cage work, and going to redo it in version 2. More likely take speakers out of the ends, put speedo back in original spot and move some of the guages/switch panel around some.

Comment

• Yes, I still Plan on making it down to Fresno. I'm Still trying to slide my way into a larger plane so I can Pick up Delta on the way. The one I have aviable now Delta would not br comfortable at all.... his knees would be in his chest!!!! I'll let you both know when I find something

This is my first build and I totally agree with you guys on making it up as you go and things changing. I'm just glad to have someone out there doing a simular biuld. I order my Crab cage yesterday... Well I put my name on the list.

Chris
                          70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

• Originally posted by FordCore
                            Yes, I still Plan on making it down to Fresno. I'm Still trying to slide my way into a larger plane so I can Pick up Delta on the way. The one I have aviable now Delta would not br comfortable at all.... his knees would be in his chest!!!! I'll let you both know when I find something

This is my first build and I totally agree with you guys on making it up as you go and things changing. I'm just glad to have someone out there doing a simular biuld. I order my Crab cage yesterday... Well I put my name on the list.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Are you going to fly to Fresno? It' not that long of a drive from Livermore is it? Maybe an hour and half?

That's cool about your Crab cage! I should have mine next week!! I really like his cages. Did you have him put any extras on it for you?

Comment

• I'm having the seat mount and dash grab bar added. I figured I can add the gussets and handles on my own. Ya, I plan on flying. It's a good excuse to go fling to a new airport. We would need a ride to your place of coarse. I have a few choices to fly into, which is closest to you: Chandler Executive, Yosemite International, or Serria Sky Park.
                              Chris

Comment

• Originally posted by FordCore
                                I'm having the seat mount and dash grab bar added. I figured I can add the gussets and handles on my own. Ya, I plan on flying. It's a good excuse to go fling to a new airport. We would need a ride to your place of coarse. I have a few choices to fly into, which is closest to you: Chandler Executive, Yosemite International, or Serria Sky Park.
                                Chris

Yosemite International is the closest to my house. Just let me know when and I'll be happy to pick you guys up.

Comment

Working...
                                X