No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I haven't had time to get a pic. I post one in an hour or so.
    I'm located in san francisco.
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Well I've been working on my body mounts. I got some 1 1/4 inch washers and welded them to the frame body mounts to even them all out. Some were rusted and little thin. I also fabbed up a mount for my hydraulic clutch slave cylinder. Now I just need to paint it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, about not getting any pics, I just havn't had the time.

What clutch master cylinder to you have? And do you still have a leaf style clutch (stock)?

I'm using the same slave and I guess the stock clutch setup, but with the 3/4" bore wilwood master, I have a extremly hard clutch. I read somewhere that you could install a diaphram type clutch and it should make the clutch much softer(normal).
        Just wondering how yours is setup and how it acts.
        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by bent70
          Sorry, about not getting any pics, I just havn't had the time.

What clutch master cylinder to you have? And do you still have a leaf style clutch (stock)?

I'm using the same slave and I guess the stock clutch setup, but with the 3/4" bore wilwood master, I have a extremly hard clutch. I read somewhere that you could install a diaphram type clutch and it should make the clutch much softer(normal).
          Just wondering how yours is setup and how it acts.

No problem bro. I'm not in a hurry as I have my hands full right now just trying to get this thing on the road.

I have the same wilwood 3/4 inch bore master cylinder that you are using. I installed the Luc clutch pressure plate and disc set up from BC's. I don't know how it feels yet because I haven't driven it yet. I will be putting my body back on the chassis this weekend.

Comment

Yahoooo! I got my body back late yesterday, so first thing this morning I put it back on the chassis once and for all! I did the Superliner in black all underneath and the engine bay and then did the interior in a medium gray. I went over the bed rails and tailgate to protect them against scratches when loading and unloading things over the side. I think it came really nice. I am very happy with the Superliner. Here are some pics!
            Attached Files

Comment

I was just sifting through here looking for pics of the 203/205 combo and ran across the new pics of the body, motor etc. Gonna be real sweet
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Hey what's the latest on the project??
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                  Hey what's the latest on the project??

PAINT!!! I've never done any body work or painting so this was my first attempt. Man doing body work sucks! Talk about time consuming. Geeze! I've got some runs to wet sand out but other than that, it came out pretty good. Good enough for a trail rig.

All I've got painted so far is the tub. Now it's on to the other pieces.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I take it thats how Rock sliders are supposed to look after the fact? If so, THANKS for a great pic overall, so I know exactly how its supposed to be when I attempt mine.

Looking great!

Comment

SOB, that color scheme is nothing but awesome! The 2 colors sure work well together...nice freakin job.

Comment

SOB, that color scheme is nothing but awesome! The 2 colors sure work well together...nice freakin job.

Thanks man! I didn't like the shade of blue right after I painted it, but I think it's growing on me. I was going for a little darker blue. This is the old Ford Blue color. I just thought that it was going to be a little darker. Oh well...like I said, I thinks it's growing on me.

Comment

Dude that is freaking awesome. Can't wait to see it on the trail.
                          72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                          1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Well I've been killing a few more brain cells by painting today. I finally got all of the bondo/sand/bondo/sand/spot putty/sand/more spot putty/sand/primer/sand...sand...sand...sand work done and got to spray some more color.

I got the windshield frame and my custom dash sprayed. I'll do the tailgate and steering column tomorrow. Here's some quick pics.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That thing i going to freaking glow in the sun... sweet.

Comment

That thing i going to freaking glow in the sun... sweet.

LOL. Yeah I know. I can't wait to see it up in the snow this winter! It is pretty bright out in the sun.

Comment

Working...
                                X