No announcement yet.

PROJECT: Pokey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want you can come over and lay a bead with my dad's welder (I have it on long-term loan) - its a 220v Lincoln mig with plenty o' gas in the tank... Upside-down though might be a bit difficult, especially inside your rig.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
      ... Upside-down though might be a bit difficult, especially inside your rig.
      Just roll the bronco on its lid problem solved
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
        Just roll the bronco on its lid problem solved
        And if we rolled it onto my lawn it might not even get hurt! Can't say so much for my lawn though...
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Hey, looks framilure. I used the same OSH turnbuckles, but just welded a nut to the cage and bolt them into that. Nice job, and they do work great for this.
          Attached Files
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
            Hey, looks framilure. I used the same OSH turnbuckles, but just welded a nut to the cage and bolt them into that. Nice job, and they do work great for this.
            i posted it first.. so its my idea. hahahaha

see great minds think alike. i saw those and thought they were perfect for the job. i was going to do the whole hiem joint tube bar thingy that space burger made but theswe were $2.00. you cant beat that even if they break on you.
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I also was going to do the hiem joint thing, even bought the joints (no idea where they are now), but just like you, I saw these, and thought they would work great. They have been on there for over two years, and still holding up great. I had to tweek one of them after putting the bronco on its side, but it wasn't bad. Even ripped the rain gutter loose on the passenger side of the windshield frame at Hollister.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
              i posted it first.. so its my idea. hahahaha

see great minds think alike. i saw those and thought they were perfect for the job. i was going to do the whole hiem joint tube bar thingy that space burger made but theswe were $2.00. you cant beat that even if they break on you.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

well i had the day off school and work so i decided so finally paint my rear bumper. been putting it off since day 1
                Side note. My stock tire carrier is needing a replacement. i noticed that my quarter is starting to separate. if anyone runs across an inexpensive rear bumper with a tire rack on it SEND IT MY WAY! hahaha.
                well here it is
                Attached Files
                {o===o}
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

well i had the day off school and work so i decided so finally paint my rear bumper. been putting it off since day 1
                  Side note. My stock tire carrier is needing a replacement. i noticed that my quarter is starting to separate. if anyone runs across an inexpensive rear bumper with a tire rack on it SEND IT MY WAY! hahaha.
                  well here it is
                  I have read were guys drill and put fender washer and bolt in that body seam. They say it works well.

If you want something like this ( our your design ) you can do a road trip this summer I will help you out to build one. with a tire rack I can get steel in small quantites and a band saw.

Brian
                  Attached Files
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

HELL YES!
                    That is exactly what i have in mind. simple and does the job....
                    I can design it but need someone with welding skills to put it together
                    {o===o}

Comment

I have SOME welding skills, do want to redo my rear bumper but we shall see if it rips off first!

Comment

not much here on the build part.
                        Still have a little "TO DO" list growing.

After the first of the year i am doing the disk swap and while the knuckles are apart i am going to put the knuckle shims in.

BUT........
                        I have no idea how i survived in my truck with no heater. Bought a new core and a new valve, and what a difference. my toes finally are happy when i am driving.
                        {o===o}

Comment

Might as well do your ball joints while you're in there too... A friend of mine discovered his ball joints were bad when he took it to get it aligned.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Re: PROJECT: Pokey

Looks like the disk swap is out of the picture for a while. One thing that I haven't done to my truck yet is change the 38 year old bearings in the rear end. Today I finally blew one out. There are 6 ball bearings left in it. Hahaha. So I'm going to relapce the seals bearings and brakes in the rear. While I'm at it I am FINALY going to change the front end u joints and seals. Since I'm redoing the rear break I might as well do the fronts also. And ill be changing the shims on the front knuckles. Disk brakes would be nice but I'm only running 33's. Drum will work for another year.

I heard that big bronco ebrake cables will work as an eb extended cables. Anyone have some intel on this. I need new ones. My muffler decided to fight with them and lost

Now I'm going to order 2 degree shims. Highlander said that these should do the trick. Has anyone else done this and what did you buy?
                            {o===o}

Comment

I heard that big bronco ebrake cables will work as an eb extended cables. Anyone have some intel on this. I need new ones.
                              I have a set of New extended cables from James Duff that i am not going to use.. But they are half way installed.. I will pull them off for you,,,, when I can..

Aaron
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

today i got the rig back on the road. new 9"bearings, shocks and new ebrake cables. I was curious about the rear end so i decided to pull the axle housing out of the truck and take it all apart. Once i pulled the third out i found what use to be the ball bearings turned into scrap.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 04-05-2009, 06:04 PM.
                                {o===o}

Comment

Working...
                                X