Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PROJECT: Pokey

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
    are you going to broncotoberfest? can pick up... Anyone have a reamer i can borrow?
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

are you going to broncotoberfest? can pick up... Anyone have a reamer i can borrow?
      I am going to B-fest, and I can bring the template.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Question for the gurus.

Tie rod / drag link set-up:

1.5" with weld in inserts or 1.25" threaded DOM? Hiems are out of the question.
        I am leaning towards the 1.5 because bigger is better but the weld in inserts are the "weak" point I guess.Unless i drill a hole in the tube and plug weld them also. Thoughts? Need to get this done before I go snow wheeling.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Weld in inserts make the job soooo much easier. I have not seen any failure at the bungs before.
          I have done 3 setups all with weld in bungs, super simple to do vs trying to tap the tube or giving someone else the measurements.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by pdxbronco View Post
            weld in inserts make the job soooo much easier. I have not seen any failure at the bungs before.
            I have done 3 setups all with weld in bungs, super simple to do vs trying to tap the tube or giving someone else the measurements.
            x2
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

x3!

Comment

Can I get a "X4"?
                {o===o}
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Mine are threaded but the new link for the new box will have the weld in bungs, so X 3.5 :flipoff:
                  Last edited by Broncrick; 11-17-2010, 12:40 PM.
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Mine are threaded and I use big ole hiems
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Anyone have a reamer i can borrow?
                      I Do.... I would price it out and see how close partsmike price comes
                      http://www.partsmike.com/store/store...on=show_detail

Add a little for your labor and it is 1/4 wall DOM. Just my .02
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Weld in
                        http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-22149.html
                        {o===o}

Comment

There you go.. I pieced mine together, but that works too.. you will be happy!! stuff is Beefy!!

I got all the Moog TRE on amazon with free shipping........ Bought the steel local 1.5"x.250,, and ordered the left and right bungs from Ballistic.. (only had to pay shipping on the lightest stuff..) I have a reamer somewhere.... (Marc)
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I pieced mine with weld end bungs 1 1/2" .250 DOM and Moog ends and enough tube for the track bar. Have about $160 in it + my labor.
                            Jack
                            73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                              There you go.. I pieced mine together, but that works too.. you will be happy!! stuff is Beefy!!

I got all the Moog TRE on amazon with free shipping........ Bought the steel local 1.5"x.250,, and ordered the left and right bungs from Ballistic.. (only had to pay shipping on the lightest stuff..) I have a reamer somewhere.... (Marc)
                              Yup, I still have it Aaron. Sitting on my bench. PM me your addy and I will mail it back.
                              My drag link is weld in bungs, and my tierod is threaded. I have seen one failure of the weld in bungs, but that was on a rock racer.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Weld in, it's cheaper.
                                Just make sure to drill a few holes to plug weld the inserts as well.
                                Mark Harris
                                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                                X