No announcement yet.

Project: chopped70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot the cleaned up electrical pics.....I guess I should do something better with the spark plug wires huh...

I guess one benifit of staying with a carburator is only three wires needed in the engine bay.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bent70; 10-26-2006, 09:09 PM.
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Lookin good bro! I can't wait to see that beast out on the trails.

Comment

Did you slope that front end for visibility, or is that an illusion?

I've been thinking about this for mine. Let's see some more pics.

This has certainly gotten out of hand just to replace a broken F150 spring, huh?

HIS: 76 [o===o]
        HERS: 68 [o===o] "Doodlebug"

Lonestar Early Bronco Club

Endeavor Racing

Comment

The illusion is that he still thinks it's a Bronco
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Hey at least 15% still is....bronco
            It could be sloped at least a 1-3", but I really don't know for sure since its kinda floating there at this point. Give me some stock measurments from the frame up and I could check. Right now the fenders are sitting on the tubes.
            Yea changing out that damn spring would have been alot easier and much cheaper ...next time. I'll have some new pics later this week.

oh and I change my front links back to a radius arm 3-link w/ panhard. It worked well before and I could always change it in the future.

Comment

Wow, talk about some fabbin! Its really come far since I've checked in last, good work!

Can you give some details on the 435 shifter? I see how the horizontal bar connects to the original 435 shifter but how does other end (new shifter) work? Is there a verticle heim so there is room for side to side movement?
              I'm gettin tired of the big truck style shifting... Thanks!
              1968 Bronco: 302, NP435, NP205, HPD60 King Pin, D70, 5:13 Gears, Detroits, Yukon 35 Spline Shafts, Ator Driveflanges, 3/8" Diff Covers, Stone Crusher Stering/trac Bar, 1350 Drivelines, 38" Swampers, TR Bead Locks. Cage 5.5" lift, 98" Wheel Base

Comment

Thanks, yea the bottom of the shifter has a heim to allow side to side movement, while all other pivot points are clevis like...for just front and back movement.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Looks like you drilled thru the stock shifter with a pin and used a clevis on both ends of the horizontal rod. Seems easy enough. I just raised mine so its now hitting the bottom of the dash.
                  Keep up with the picts, I'm lovin it!
                  1968 Bronco: 302, NP435, NP205, HPD60 King Pin, D70, 5:13 Gears, Detroits, Yukon 35 Spline Shafts, Ator Driveflanges, 3/8" Diff Covers, Stone Crusher Stering/trac Bar, 1350 Drivelines, 38" Swampers, TR Bead Locks. Cage 5.5" lift, 98" Wheel Base

Comment

No, I cutoff the top 3" of the stock shifter rod w/ the threads so I could keep my shift knob. It then fits snuggly into the 3/4" square stock that goes into the heim, which is the same material for the horizontal bar.

I'll try and add more pics in the coming weeks.....mabey a finished suspension...hehe

Comment

• Finally, got some more stuff done after avoiding the bronco for 3 months.

I redid my t-cass shifter so its set back with my tranny shifter and made its a not so short shifter....its got shorter throw but is a little hard to shift, I may fix that later since I have alot of adjustment in the linkage points.
                      I mounted the klune shifter, which came out pretty nice.
                      I bent up my hydro ram hoop and have that tacked on.

For motivation I installed a stereo in the garage too...that helped alot.
                      I'll post pics tomarrow

Comment

• Yeah, lets see some pics!

Comment

• I welded my steering hoop on permanently and started making my tie rods. Sorry, I forgot about taking pics last time.
                          I still have some plating left to do on the 14b and should have my suspension crossmember done tomarrow....hopefully.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bent70; 05-08-2007, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Those axles look bad ass!! Nice center console, too! I'm going to try to do my 4-link similar to yours.
                            Last edited by 720Racer; 05-08-2007, 08:54 PM.
                            Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• WOOOO!!!!
                              like the Custom letters in that

comming along great man
                              {o===o}
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                              Originally posted by CityHick
                              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• I finished the tierods, using tubing off a hitch I had laying around with lock stuck in the pin, for a clevis end.
                                I'm taking a lunch break and hope to finish up my supension this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X