No announcement yet.

67 bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well. After setting up gears for my 9” and Dana 44. 4:88’s. I tackled the Zf5 that I am going to install. Picked it up for $500. Rebuild kit was $300. Had to buy a new reverse gear because it was worn from grinding. Cheapest place for th gear was on rock auto $300 more in parts. Checking preload on it for shims. All good. Tomorrow I’ll pick up some sealer and bolt it all together. I will say that it was easier to rebuild the Zf5 than it was setting up the gears and air locker on the Dana 44. Lol. Now to find the time to tear the bronco apart and reassemble.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by onpier55; 12-08-2023, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Braver than I to take that apart, nicely done. Now the hard part of finding time to take the Rig down and get it back together in a timely matter... Maybe at Christmas break
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

• Zf5 is all done. On to the next step. Rebuild the dna 20 with terra low gears and add jb twin sticks. On a side note. I did add a Vss. This took care of my stall issues when stopping fast. Remedy after talking to Garry EfiGuy.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by onpier55; 01-15-2024, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by onpier55 View Post
          Zf5 is all done. On to the next step. Rebuild the dna 20 with terra low gears and add jb twin sticks. On a side note. I did add a Vss. This tool care of my still issues when stopping fast. Remedy after talking to Garry EfiGuy.
          Well it can't hurt having one, one of the reasons I always wired one in regardless the the FB "Experts" say. Garry always seems to have the answers

Ford Blue?

Comment

• Test fitting the Dana 20 with tera low gears to the zf5 with twin sticks. On hold for now as I travel to Austin Texas to visit my daughter for a week.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by onpier55; 01-16-2024, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Looks Good...

Hope your visit went well.

Comment

• Pulled out the np435 on Friday night after work. Installed zf5 Saturday. Lots of work ahead. Getting hydraulic clutch setup. Drivelines cutdown. So much fun ahead to get that overdrive.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Test fitting the jb twin sticks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• The ZF is such a tight fit under the floor, I had all kinds of fun getting mine up in there and aligned on the dowels. I did it without doing any extra cutting which in hindsight may not have been the best approach. At any rate, it's in there and I enjoy driving with it so much more than I did the NP435. Bleeding the hydraulic clutch system was very easy and quick. It is such a simple system, and so much nicer than the series of linkages and bell cranks like what we had from the factory. You will enjoy this upgrade.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

• Zf5 is in and I installed the Dana 20. Had to go get bolts for Dana 20 adapter. They were about 1/2” to 3/4” short. The bolts supplied only went into to adapter about a 1/2”. Just did not seem like they went in far enough to not eventually pull out. New bolts go the way in to the adapter. Now I’m not worried that they would rip out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Wow I remember those days, cardboard on the cold ground, multiple floor jacks, jack stands, blocks of wood... I look forward to seeing your work in person at the round up this year. Nice work Karl, by the Way!

Comment

• Twin sticks connected.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Mocking up trans crossmember.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Changing out axel. Installed arb and 4:88’s and all ford outers with tbird calipers.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Looking Good !!

Comment

Working...
                                X