This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 5th Annual "Broncos on the Con" 6/28-7/1

So the plan is climbing Cadillac out to Observation Point and Tahoe on Sunday then? I can't make it in with you all on Thursday/Friday of the run but I'm considering a partial reverse run in from Tahoe and back out that weekend. Still working out the details of my vacation the week after that run but will likely be in the Tahoe area. Would definitely be a cool picture of all the rigs up there!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

How is going on the 29th?
      1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Those trailering and headed out the Tahoe side, what do you do to get back to the trailer? How long is the trek?

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

From Tahoe to the dam is about 2 hrs I think
          1971 BRONCO, 89 5.0 HO, NP435, D20, D44 CTM Superior Detroit , Currie big bearing housing 31 spline Detroit

Comment

Originally posted by daves View Post
            From Tahoe to the dam is about 2 hrs I think
            Nice drive also did it a couple years ago with mine.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

The trail comes out at around Homewood. South on 89 then west on 50. Turn right at Ice house. I think it's closer to 3 hours depending on how fast you can drive your Bronco on windy roads.

Jerry O and I are trying to get our Broncos done. We may do Thur/Fri or Fri/Sat or just day run on one of those days. Depends on what days can be taken off. No matter what it's in and out of Loon to either Spider or Buck depending on how the Broncos are running.

Comment

F**K!!!
                The Bronco will be ready and I have that whole week off but I have family coming in from out of state that whole week. I will be camping with family one night in an improved camp site with people who don't camp. That's just perfect. My life sucks. Where is my stand in double when I need him.
                You sure no one wants to push it into July......Cmon Cmon Cmon
                sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Originally posted by FLYINHIE View Post
                  F**K!!!
                  The Bronco will be ready and I have that whole week off but I have family coming in from out of state that whole week. I will be camping with family one night in an improved camp site with people who don't camp. That's just perfect. My life sucks. Where is my stand in double when I need him.
                  You sure no one wants to push it into July......Cmon Cmon Cmon
                  Man that sucks a$$! My family from CO just left my house yestertday. No way I was going to let them visit during the Rubicon trip!

Is it June 28th yet!?

Comment

Just leave a note one the front door that says "Gone Wheelin' catch ya next time!"
                    Last edited by Efibroncoman; 06-12-2012, 11:48 AM.
                    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Getting close, little more work, one PS hose and I'm golden
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Sweet, just gotta build a bedside toolbox, install some rock lights and build a Jerry can mount... Think I finally worked out all the issues with my engine.
                        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I'm in!!! Trailering up from Los Angeles. I usually wheel with the So Cal Broncos crew down here in Big Bear etc.

Looks like we're meeting on the Tahoe side? Noon on the 28th?

How many rigs?

Pic of my '69 EB below.
                          Photobucket
                          Kyle

Comment

Glad to have you Kyle!

We're meeting at the Dam on the Loon Lake side at noon (thursday the 28th)
                            We'll wait an hour for everyone to show up and take off at 1 o'clock on the dot.

The last place for gas is Pollock Pines (exit - SLY PARK ROAD) or FreshPond.
                            Sly Park has a Safeway incase you need to get some food, beer,tacobell etc...

Punch this into google maps and that the begining of IceHouse Road. Follow it to Loon lake and look out for the broncos.
                            38.769384,-120.447455 Directions to the staging area @ Loon Lake
                            Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 06-15-2012, 11:04 AM.
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

A little something that will mess with our plans going out Cadilac, FOTR workday! rebar, concrete etc.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070107
                              68 Slightly modified
                              67 LUBR once again
                              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                                Man that sucks a$$! My family from CO just left my house yestertday. No way I was going to let them visit during the Rubicon trip!

Is it June 28th yet!?
                                My dad dropped the bomb that he is coming to California to stay with us for 1-2 months NEXT WEEK! My wife said I couldn't go on the Con trip and leave her with my dad for 4 days. I said TOOOO-----BAAAAD honey, i'm going! It's not like my dad is only staying a week for crying out loud.
                                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X