Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

Been awhile since I've been on have, but we have a group of 6 coming from Phoenix to run the CON. We plan to run the the trail starting on the 21st of June just ahead of you guys. Can you post up snow reports as best you can for us. All the rigs are built pretty good so that's not much of an issue. I will be following this thread real close as to see any change in conditions or so. Thank you in advance of any important info that can be posted up. And hope to see some of you guys at the end of the trail.

We plan on staying two nights on the trail itself and taking our time running and enjoying the very cool weather.
    74 Bronco Ranger

Comment

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

Heres the snow from last friday

{o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

That is totally coooool
        74 Bronco Ranger

Comment

yup..8-9 feet still
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

This is the only picture I can find of the Kiosk area dry.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 04-19-2011, 08:24 AM.
            {o===o}
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Kayaks make great tabogins.........or on this con trip a gear trailer.
              1969 351W, Np435-NP205 5.5"FRNT 5.5"Rear 2"Body, Geared 4.10 Locked, 35" BFG's

Comment

Been awhile since I've been on have, but we have a group of 6 coming from Phoenix to run the CON. We plan to run the the trail starting on the 21st of June just ahead of you guys. Can you post up snow reports as best you can for us. All the rigs are built pretty good so that's not much of an issue. I will be following this thread real close as to see any change in conditions or so. Thank you in advance of any important info that can be posted up. And hope to see some of you guys at the end of the trail.
                Where you camping on wed? we are heading in wednesday 6/22. were planning on camping in Buck, if we can get past the water at the top of slabs, may be too high from the looks of things.
                Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                  Where you camping on wed? we are heading in wednesday 6/22. were planning on camping in Buck, if we can get past the water at the top of slabs, may be too high from the looks of things.
                  We'll just flip Marc upside down and float across if it comes to that.

EDIT:
                  Found this pic, I still think its funny.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 04-26-2011, 08:25 AM.
                  {o===o}

Comment

great pic.. maybe a bit cold this year for that.. shrinkage????
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                      great pic.. maybe a bit cold this year for that.. shrinkage????
                      I dont have much to shrink.
                      {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                        We are planning on Buck for wednesday. Hope to see you out there.

Bill
                        74 Bronco Ranger

Comment

I have started doing some work on the rigs, so I will be ready for the meet. It is around two months to the meet. I am getting hyped!
                          Last edited by RandyatBBY; 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM.
                          1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

I might be out. Boss may be sending me to China for two weeks at about the same time as the 'con trip. The company execs want us to outsource a new project a lot sooner than we expected. For them, money talks. The China quote is almost 40% less than the cost to build the stuff here. The $250k in sheetmetal tooling will be done mid-June and they will start making sample parts right afterwards. Someone (me) has to be there to check them. We all thought we'd build the stuff in-house for at least 6 months to work out any other design bugs. Now we'll have to work out the bugs with hard-tooled parts which costs a lot more money to modify. If I do go, I can try to pick up a couple knock-off Rolex's. I got one of these for my brother the last time I was there:

Chairman Mao's arm waves with the second arm.

Comment

Something to consider also guys. They are replacing most of the rock 'bridges' over the summit on 50 this summer. They say they will have one lane open, expect looong delays. I'm going back out thru Loon
                              68 Slightly modified
                              67 LUBR once again
                              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                                Something to consider also guys. They are replacing most of the rock 'bridges' over the summit on 50 this summer. They say they will have one lane open, expect looong delays. I'm going back out thru Loon
                                mee too.. i dont think the top will be passable this year.. too much snoww.. Now i need to get my motor in and chck it out.
                                KK6DAD
                                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                                X