Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

I still need to rip my CB out and put my Ham in it.
    I might just get a hand held and trash all the CB stuff. I just don't use it.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

Anyone think there will be snow still? Last year there were puddles and we have a lot more snow this year.

Comment

YUP! Im going to say a lot more snow then last year.
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
          Anyone think there will be snow still? Last year there were puddles and we have a lot more snow this year.
          You just had to go and say it didn't you!? Now there will be for sure. I bet you washed your truck today too, huh!?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
            Puddles..... Tahoe side had 4-5 foot drifts with 3+ foot water crossings. Ellis had enough to chill our beers in... As far as this year... I don't think we have a chance with the amount of snow... It may be a late summer run for us..
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
              Puddles..... Tahoe side had 4-5 foot drifts with 3+ foot water crossings. Ellis had enough to chill our beers in... As far as this year... I don't think we have a chance with the amount of snow... It may be a late summer run for us..
              Those drifts were not fun. These were the only pics I got. I think that these are the first couple. They only got bigger from there. The snow was cool at Ellis because I could fill up my ice chest with snow. But other then that, Those are the only two places I saw a large amount of snow.

I would be worried about the run off. Last year seemed like the entire trail was one long stream.
              Attached Files
              {o===o}
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Its not over till its over. Never say die. Last year we had a lot of late storms too and while there was still considerable snow in early June, by late June it was reduced to mud for the most part. Once the snow pack starts to melt, it reduces pretty quickly.

I still have time scheduled off surrounding the Broncos on the Con weekend and I'm keeping it. Worst case I'll just find somewhere else to go thats not snowed in... Southern CA beaches or something
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                  Those drifts were not fun. These were the only pics I got. I think that these are the first couple. They only got bigger from there. The snow was cool at Ellis because I could fill up my ice chest with snow. But other then that, Those are the only two places I saw a large amount of snow.

I would be worried about the run off. Last year seemed like the entire trail was one long stream.
                  Those pics look tame... I remeber water over the hoods on some drop offs.. Lakes and streams overflowing.
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                    Those pics look tame... I remeber water over the hoods on some drop offs.. Lakes and streams overflowing.
                    The last one was the biggest. Swallowed my truck up.

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                    Southern CA beaches or something
                    Eff that, I'll be camping in the snow
                    Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 03-23-2011, 12:22 PM.
                    {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                      The last one was the biggest. Swallowed my truck up.

Eff that, I'll be camping in the snow
                      Yep, fun deep stuff!
                      And damn straight!
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

So, does this mean I need to bring more than my shorts, T-shirt and flip flops for this years trip? LOL!
                        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
                          So, does this mean I need to bring more than my shorts, T-shirt and flip flops for this years trip? LOL!
                          LOL, I burned my flip flops after last years trip, they got brutalized in all the mud...wasnt quite prepared for that.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

You had the pair of sneakers to keep your windshield off the hood you could have worn.

Comment

Originally posted by gddyap View Post
                              You had the pair of sneakers to keep your windshield off the hood you could have worn.
                              LOL, I think I deemed it not worth it at that point

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

All the snow will only be past the spings. That is pretty normal for the trail that time of the year.
                                WT 4x4
                                91' One Ton Bronco
                                1971 Bronco
                                9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Working...
                                X