This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

Since the other thread quickly got bastardized, here is the new thread.

We are brainstorming some changes, good ones. Don't worry, we wont make this a crappy "official" run with all the BS like in most club's runs. Just good chit that we will Love.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

Cant Wait!!
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Added to the PBB calendar.
      PBB THREAD

I like the Idea of running all the way through. I know its tough for those trailering but the drive around Tahoe is amazing.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
        PBB THREAD

I like the Idea of running all the way through. I know its tough for those trailering but the drive around Tahoe is amazing.
        Yup I want to camp at the springs..
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
          Yup I want to camp at the springs..
          Camping at the springs is $20 for 1-3 nights. At 12+ vehicles, The price drops to $15 for 1-3 nights.
          {o===o}
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
            PBB THREAD

I went to June 2011 and there is nothng about our run on there.

Comment

I got us on..
              https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...&gsessionid=OK
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Comment

I'll have to see how this all pans out. "Daddy" sure could use a weekend in the hills to throw back some bourbon and not worry about kids (atleast mine anyhow). Haven't been out with the "guys" since June '06!
                  sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I turned in my vacation request today put the 23/24 for a 2 days off hope I get them.
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                      I turned in my vacation request today put the 23/24 for a 2 days off hope I get them.

Hope so too.. would like to wheel with you!! Maybe you just get sick???
                      Aaron
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Guess I will be puttin in for 2 days before maybe 3, then a few after (as I want to hit Reno for a day or two) to make the trek down. So three days to do the trail?\

3/3/4, grrr I dont want to waste 10 days of vacation minus 4 days as weekend but be worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                          Guess I will be puttin in for 2 days before maybe 3, then a few after (as I want to hit Reno for a day or two) to make the trek down. So three days to do the trail?\

3/3/4, grrr I dont want to waste 10 days of vacation minus 4 days as weekend but be worth it!
                          You could do the trail in one long day if you wanted but you would miss out on a lot. Most people say the best part about doing the 'con is doing it slow and just enjoying it. Last year I went in on Friday, hung out at Buck on Saturday, and then went out on Sunday. Hanging out with the family at Buck was the best part. There are a couple other trails not too far away that you could try to fit in too. Some people think Fordyce Creek is just as hard as the Rubicon. Water flow will probably be too high at that time of the year though.

Comment

NO intention of doing it in one day, I want to enjoy the trail as it may only be a few times I get to do it if not only once. No issue of food, booze, bbq, sleepin stuff, etc.. building it as stout as I can so hope no issues.

My issue is more where do I leave the truck/trailer as well if my rig is somewhat street legal that I gonna get hassled? 99" wheelbase on 40s or 42s with fullwidth 60/914, will have some what fender flares/mudflaps and looks decent, out come maybe different...

Ultimately I would love to ditch the truck and trailer at the Tahoe end as looks like be better for the long haul home that includes a couple days in Reno. Any ideas there?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                              Hope so too.. would like to wheel with you!! Maybe you just get sick???
                              Aaron

I don't play that game If I can get the time off I get it off. If I can't and call in sick just makes it hard on the rest of the guy's. My new boss ( have worked under him before ) is cool and will let you use a sick day for fun once in a while. (big NO NO with us)
                              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                              X