Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

I'll go in where the majority goes in and would prefer with someone I somewhat kinda know, Delta, 71Bronco, PDX, EarlyBronco72(PREFERABLY), Welndmn... most know who they are.

Comment

Any of you guys run HAM (not sandwich) or race radios?
      Im think dumping my CB
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

sticking to the designated trail is probably the best idea this year. The "bypass/fun part" after Ellis is blocked off.

Im excited/nervous to see what has happened on the trail since the last time I was up with Kyle, Tony & Kaitlin (sept?)
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
          I'll go in where the majority goes in and would prefer with someone I somewhat kinda know, Delta, 71Bronco, PDX, EarlyBronco72(PREFERABLY), Welndmn... most know who they are.
          Rubimaster knows and sees all.

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
          Im think dumping my CB
          I want to. Just need the license
          {o===o}
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
            Im think dumping my CB
            I have a CB and a GMRS radio. Technically GMRS requires an FCC license to operate, but I've not had good luck with it and went back to CB. I've been considering getting a HAM license and radio too. What frequency is a "race radio"?

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
            sticking to the designated trail is probably the best idea this year. The "bypass/fun part" after Ellis is blocked off.

Im excited/nervous to see what has happened on the trail since the last time I was up with Kyle, Tony & Kaitlin (sept?)
            Yep, that was late September. I'm very curious to see what else they did up there. That new outhouse at Ellis looks like a big upgrade over what was there. The pictures I've seen have shown lots of gravel hauled in around Ellis and rumor had it they'd filled in some of the deep spots on Walker - which is probably a good thing. As long as you can't drive a Subaru through the trail, I won't complain much. Plus we have all winter for mother nature to shift stuff around for us.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Its locked up.
              I am hoping though it is a state key but more then likely it will be a forest service key.
              {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                Its locked up.
                I am hoping though it is a state key but more then likely it will be a forest service key.
                So they built a new outhouse with tax payer money and locked it so tax payers cant use it? That makes perfect sense. I love this state
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I'm in for a Wentworth entrance change too, been a few years
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Yes it has..... I think I recall that trip. It's a bit hazy , but I recall having a pretty good time.
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I thought getting back to camp that entire weekend was never going to happen.
                      {o===o}

Comment

Here's some old school Rubi action! No big tires, lifts, rollbars or seatbelts for that matter. Just some good'ole dirt in the teeth, kidney boucin' action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vov-IPy_6NM
                        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

The lack of roll bars and Seat belts don't scare me as one of those could of been my dad, I'm used to it.
                          The fact people would get 5 dudes in a willys, or sitting 3 wide in a CJ scares me!
                          Also the fact that most of us ran those MONSTER wire whip CB antennas, you could kill someone!
                          Mark Harris
                          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

That was good stuff John!
                            Things have changed a little bit havent they. Loved the woman at like 1:10 with a bonnet on smoking a cig cruising on through.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                              That was good stuff John!
                              Things have changed a little bit havent they. Loved the woman at like 1:10 with a bonnet on smoking a cig cruising on through.
                              I wish I could see a "sunburn" video or pics of all those folks the next day! You know there had to be some crispy critters with no shade bouncin' around all day or weekend...
                              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

my parents use to load 4 kids in a cj5 with no seat belts and all the gear for a week at rubicon back in the 60s.
                                75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Working...
                                X