Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

I'm probably going to jinx myself, but I am planning to make this run and I've invited a couple buddies (another EB and an FJ40) to join too. The FJ40 is still being built, but a 'con trip might accelerate build progress...
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I to like the idea of going all the way threw. (But my swampers do not.) I have not been in threw Wentworth springs yet.

I do not know why the last thread was sacked. Would some one please PM me and explain what went wrong??? So if I did it, I will not again.
      1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

I think it got sacked mainly because a date was set.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyatBBY View Post
          I do not know why the last thread was sacked. Would some one please PM me and explain what went wrong??? So if I did it, I will not again.
          Haha, nah. I think it was a collaberative effort from several of us that turned the subject matter downhill PLUS what Josh said about the date being set...
          sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by RandyatBBY View Post
            I
            No worries, nobody was doing anything. I just saw dates being thrown around and I thought I would make a new one with the dates on the header so we all knew. Plus we all love to hijack threads and take them in a different direction. hahaha
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

For those not wanting to go all the way through, there will be the dudes like me who camp at Buck, make a day run to the springs and what not, then back out loon.

I've done the whole trail in the past, it's fun but too much of a PITA for me.
              If you've never done the trail, run the whole thing.
              Mark Harris
              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                For those not wanting to go all the way through, there will be the dudes like me who camp at Buck, make a day run to the springs and what not, then back out loon.

I have to agree with you.....well sorta. I always trailer and have to return to the trailer. So I come in different ways so I could enjoy seeing parts I have not seen before.

Thanks guys for letting me know about the restart. I am premaritally banned from the HAMB for apologizing and causing drama and do not want that to happen anywhere again. I loves to HiJack a thread and speak my mind. I was really having fun and that is when the HAMB Banned me.

Any way I have a vinyl cutter and I am going to make name pins/placks and donate them to the cause for this meet.
                Last edited by RandyatBBY; 12-16-2010, 12:47 PM.
                1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Well I fully am wanting to do the full trail and want to leave my truck n trailer at the Tahoe end? and drive Bronco to the start end, go from there.

Ideas?

One already was to leave truck and trailer at the Tahoma exit then driving bronco back around to the Loon Lake side. I still am learning whats what about the Rubicon so could use input there! My preference would be to end at the Tahoe side as thats the end closer to my drive home... Even though I stoppin at Reno on the way back.

Comment

Yes, unless you can con someone else into leaving it at their home, drive down and leave at the Tahoma Staging area for the Rubicon Trail (all paved, lots of signs too).
                    Then jump in the bronco and head back down and around 50, to the Rubicon.

If you're wanting to party in Reno after too, just about every (good) hotel has parking for a trailer. I'd suggest Grand Sierra Resort, it's off strip but a really bitching place.
                    Mark Harris

Comment

Ok just starting to look at where Tahoma end was, and I like that end.... is this where everyone is planning to pop out? Now need to clue in where you guys plan to start.

I much rather leave tow rig and trailer at end and then drive down and around to start the trail with a fresh rig, in case of breakage than leave at start end and have to drive the rig back to where I started after beating on it for 2 or 3 days.
                      Last edited by PhantomEB; 12-16-2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post

This is my plan as well. Although it was my plan last year as well.... All plans are pending breaks.....
                        WT 4x4
                        91' One Ton Bronco
                        1971 Bronco
                        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                          Ok just starting to look at where Tahoma end was, and I like that end.... is this where everyone is planning to pop out? Now need to clue in where you guys plan to start.

I much rather leave tow rig and trailer at end and then drive down and around to start the trail with a fresh rig, in case of breakage than leave at start end and have to drive the rig back to where I started after beating on it for 2 or 3 days.
                          Most every one starts at Loon Lake spillway. Most of us park at the chalet then drive to the trail head about 4 miles further. To park on the Tahoe side and drive around to Loon will take about 1 to 2 hours not sure on exact time, Marc will know he has done it. I need to call him anyway.

The whole trail is rough but fun. If you are in a rush plan on body damage, there is some real tight spots and if you are not too good at slowing down your rig will look like mine.
                          Last edited by RandyatBBY; 12-16-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

My plan is all the way through.

Ill be on the trail thursday. I am willing to push all the way to buck thursday and set up a camp ground for the group. Last year we were scattered.
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                              My plan is all the way through.

Ill be on the trail thursday. I am willing to push all the way to buck thursday and set up a camp ground for the group. Last year we were scattered.
                              I think I would like to go in thursday too. Hope when it comes time I have the time to spare. I really like to go up the day before I want to meet people so I can take my time getting to loon.

Comment

I think I'm going in wenteorth just for a change.
                                Who knows, we will see when it gets closer with what I want to do.

I would guess everyone is coming out of tahoma. There are other ways out but no one really goes that way, one waymight be closed too.

For the start, goggle up Ice House Road off HWY 50 In Placerville CA.
                                Once on ice house road, follow the signs to Loon Lake. The drive from Ice House rd turn off to the trail is 45 - 1 hour, slow mountain road
                                Mark Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X