No announcement yet.

Suspension Basics II, Real Deal Stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great link, prolly would of surfed right past that on Pirate. Damn it, will life slow down for me so I can get back to the Bronco. Workin so much lately, so I can get me a new to me truck, hopefully a 02 PSD!

Comment

Made some progress......

On a couple of items that should help you guys.

1st off, how about some room to mount your coils? We now make 3 different platforms that make the frame a little more hospitable to coil spring mounting.....

These 2 are 5.5 x 5.5"of available space on the open end and 5.5 x 5" on the closed side. As you can see one is made for either the top or bottom edge of the frame and the other is made to float around to wherever you want it. We make another one that is 4 x 4.5" too.

And secondly, how about some coil spring options, we have made 5-6 variations of how you could do it so I won't post them all here and suck up all the bandwidth but check them out when you can.....

And, FM, give me a call when you can.....
      Last edited by Gravel Maker; 11-06-2006, 12:13 PM.
      Dan Fredrickson
      www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
      Your Fabrication Parts Source

Comment

What's the latest here and who is getting the work done on thier rig??
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I don't have the name......

But FM is going to do most of the work, I'm sure he can tell you who. Starting from scratch with a stocker......
          Dan Fredrickson
          www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
          Your Fabrication Parts Source

Comment

To all,
            I am waiting for a reply from Mr. R. It would be his rig not mine that I am doing it to. The reason I would do it to his are simple. He is a good guy with a stock rear suspension that is gravely in need of some tlc. I don't have to cut off a ton of aftermarket/custom brackets because there aren't any there. His is completely stock so it should fit any other stock EB. All the product is being provided by Ruff Stuff (Thanks ) so that a kit for EB's can be developed for them. I will get paid by Mr. R for my time.
            I am not trying to steal this job nor give it to someone who is unworthy. Just trying to help out another and get to fabricate something really cool using Ruff Stuff products.
            If someone else who is more frequent on the board would like to front run this project I will happily move aside. I understand what a blessing this can be so please don't hesititate to step up.
            Thanks all, FM
            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

If for what ever reason "Mr. R" can't/dosn't want to provide the test rig. I would be more than interested to up mine for the project. Just throwing it out there. Thanks F.M. for helping out..
              Aaron
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Well sorry Aaron , Mr. R is on. The project will probably not get really going until Dec. We still have his bumpers to get done and while I am doing that he will be getting everything out of the rear of the EB. We hope to have it finished by no later then end of Feb but the end of January would be better. Have lots to figure out still but I will start a new thread when we start.
                FM

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Comment

definately keep us posted. I love a good build up.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it go up.

On a side note, I haven't forgot about the tube Chuck. Just trying to get the darn house done so I can have my life back.
                    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

No problem, let me know when you are ready. FM

Comment

What ever happened with this prototype kit? Fizzle out?
                        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. I volunteered to do it 6 months ago, but stepped aside when others decided to do it. Has anyone been working on it?

Comment

Last I heard FM has some other stuff goin on right now.. soo randy's rig is out.. Maybe he will chime in..
                            A
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Guys I dropped out of this with Gravemaker about a month or so ago. I would call him and see if he is still up for it. Would be a great thread for someone to do. I have too many family obligations to do this right now. look forward to seeing what ya do, FM <><

Comment

Well,

I just had a nice phone conversation with Dan, and he's a little busy right now moving his shop and finishing a few projects. He said he might have time in a month or so, so we'll see how far along I get, and how his projects go. Seems like I'm in a good place to help develop a kit, since it's just a rolling chassis, and I can put it back to stock height pretty quickly. I'll keep you posted as this develops.

Galen
                                Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X