No announcement yet.

Suspension Basics II, Real Deal Stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! I didn't expect this. Well......sorry Gravel Maker, but it looks like my tribe mates have voted me off the island. I guess I'm out.

Comment

Maybe someone else out there could donate there rig also to make a kit for the stock EB. Just a thought. I might be able to get FFMDX interested. Were you looking at coils or coilovers ??
      Hmm, if I can get the Boss to agree, then ! When would something like this be in the making?
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Wow! I didn't expect this. Well......sorry Gravel Maker, but it looks like my tribe mates have voted me off the island. I guess I'm out
        No, no, no . I think its perfect to have a stock kit and a extended kit. That way the guy who wants to 4 link and push the rear end back can do both at the same time.
        Plus you need to do it to work the bugs out for me
        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

I think pat's rig is the best candidate. I just offered mine if his was out. It's not the best time for me anyway. I have way too much going on right now...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I would prefer you guys decided who needed it the most.....

I would be able to start in a couple of weeks.

We are in the middle of developing a new type joint we would like to use on it! A very interesting design, versatile and inexpensive.....And seriously Strong.....Also, this way you won't have to pop for the $1000+ worth on Joints either....
            Dan Fredrickson
            www.ruffstuffspecialties.com
            Your Fabrication Parts Source

Comment

Originally posted by Gravel Maker
              I would be able to start in a couple of weeks.

We are in the middle of developing a new type joint we would like to use on it! A very interesting design, versatile and inexpensive.....And seriously Strong.....Also, this way you won't have to pop for the $1000+ worth on Joints either....
              \

You have my interest peaked...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

http://classicbroncos.com/4link.shtml

see how close we come to these measurements...

Comment

Very interested in this project, now i got to go over to the shop and see just how similar my measurements are to those?!?

Only difference I see is that I got 38's over his 36's, will this make a difference?

Damn I see my list to buy from Gravel Maker getting bigger and bigger for the winter build.

Last edited by PhantomEB; 08-27-2006, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Oops I forgot the EB is sittin on jackstands and blocks waiting for my bud to come up and do the good weldin on the cage and the other to drop off my full width 9".

Would the Fullwidth be a factor in the width between the lowers at the axle?

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB
                      .....Would the Fullwidth be a factor in the width between the lowers at the axle?
                      Phantom,

I don't think so, I think the only factor (for full width) would be the width of the mounts on the 9" housing vs. the width of the mounts on the frame, (provided you were keeping the wheel base the same).
                      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

So, are we decided on whose and where?

I will be ready in about a week to start, we don't have to start then but I should have a little free time.....
                        Dan Fredrickson

Comment

Yeah hurry up guys so I can start planning my rear links!

Comment

Someone local to you up there should jump on this. Delta, Daddy4Zack, FFMDX, 720, FordCore, FM, anyone? I'll just hook up with Gravel Maker afterwards and buy the parts from him.

Comment

Crawling68 I thought you started this idea
                              I would really like to volunteer for the R&D to do a 4-link rear set up in my Bronco, but I live in Fresno. I would drive it up to your location but then we wouldn't have a place to work on it. It might be more practical for one of the guys that are local to you to do it.
                              If you really don't want to I wouldn't mind working with Gravel Maker but I am still concerned with making this work for him. I was thinking the best thing for his company would be to sell an EB kit with all the measurement included that would go on a stock EB. So really mine would be a poor candidate also but I will have another EB in the garage this winter that is an all stock candidate. If someone else wants this however please feel free to take it but I would like to do it if other can't right now.
                              Gravel Maker what will work best for you?? Is it your intention to build an EB kit? Thanks FM
                              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Developing an EB kit is the goal.....

I would like to continue making parts for the ignored vehicles, EB's are in the good company of Scouts and FJ40's, most companies ignore them because they don't have the jillions made the J*** nameplate has.....I would like to be a manufacturer of EB specific parts.
                                Dan Fredrickson

Comment

Working...
                                X