No announcement yet.

Project Rockbronco67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does that Wilwood slave pull in? I always thought that slaves pushed out. If I don't get around to it before you get that thing on the road, you will have to let me know how that clutch works. I'm thinking that is what I'm going to go with.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
      Does that Wilwood slave pull in? I always thought that slaves pushed out. If I don't get around to it before you get that thing on the road, you will have to let me know how that clutch works. I'm thinking that is what I'm going to go with.
      That is the same one that I've been runing sense I built my Bronco and I really like it. And yes, it does pull in.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        That is the same one that I've been runing sense I built my Bronco and I really like it. And yes, it does pull in.
        Learn something every day on this list.
        Marc D.

Comment

I use the same one too, just set up a little different
          Attached Files
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Its finally going to be on its own weight. Here I am installing my rear coils. My springs are 300 over 400. I already know I will have to send them back because I will need a different rate.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 07-29-2008, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Looks awesome! What rates are you going to change to? I found out on my Ultimate Adventure trip that my 350/250 springs are too soft. I was thinking of going to 400/300.

Comment

I already sent the 300/400 back and got 250/350. How did you find out that they were to soft? How did it perform?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  Looks awesome! What rates are you going to change to? I found out on my Ultimate Adventure trip that my 350/250 springs are too soft. I was thinking of going to 400/300.
                  Was it because you had a bunch of stuff in the back, or where you wheeling light?
                  Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                    I already sent the 300/400 back and got 250/350. How did you find out that they were to soft? How did it perform?
                    It rides real nice on the road and light wheeling, but when I would try to climb some steep inclines, all of the weight would transfer back to the rear and the coilovers would compress all the way to the bump stops. This would intern cause my front end to lift up and I was doing wheelies everywhere. I almost rolled over 2 or 3 times because of this weight transfer. It did make for some good pictures though. After a few days, the camera guys began following me around because they new my front wheels would be in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                      Was it because you had a bunch of stuff in the back, or where you wheeling light?
                      We did all of our wheeling empty. Except for one of our travel days, we stopped in the middle of nowhere and did a little wheeling with all of our camping gear loaded in the Bronco. But this wasn't any serious wheeling, just driving on a rough dirt road with an occasional rock.

Comment

It rides real nice on the road and light wheeling, but when I would try to climb some steep inclines, all of the weight would transfer back to the rear and the coilovers would compress all the way to the bump stops. This would intern cause my front end to lift up and I was doing wheelies everywhere. I almost rolled over 2 or 3 times because of this weight transfer. It did make for some good pictures though. After a few days, the camera guys began following me around because they new my front wheels would be in the air.
                        Is your front coils unloading on climbs? I seen were people add a hook to there axle so they can use there winch to pull the front down and keep it from unloading. If you get a different rate, won't it sit high in the back? I talked to King a while back and they said if I can't get the right rate with the right ride height and still have adjustment, I will have to go with triple rate. I will let you know once I get mine figured out.
                        Last edited by Rockbronco67; 07-30-2008, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                          Is your front coils unloading on climbs? I seen were people add a hook to there axle so they can use there winch to pull the front down and keep it from unloading. If you get a different rate, won't it sit high in the back? I talked to King a while back and they said if I can't get the right rate with the right ride height and still have adjustment, I will have to go with triple rate. I will let you know once I get mine figured out.
                          Adding a hook on my front axle was on my "to do" list before the UA trip, but I ran out of time and didn't get it done.

You might be OK with the softer spring rates because your Bronco is probably going to be lighter than mine is and you are coilovered front and rear, therefore your suspension should be better balanced (front to rear) than mine is. I think my rear flex is much softer than my front is.

Comment

I got a little ahead of myself and forgot to add these pics. These are a little better view of the cage and the frame.

Here is a picture of it at full bump. The belly is pretty low.

Comment

Adding a hook on my front axle was on my "to do" list before the UA trip, but I ran out of time and didn't get it done.
                              I wanted to do mine something like this:

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 07-30-2008, 09:10 AM.

Comment

That is a nice "hook". If I had full hydro, I would do it just like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X