No announcement yet.

Project Rockbronco67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the rear upper links. I used 1.5 DOM with johnny joints. The frame brackets are from Poly Performance.

Comment

Here's how I was going to mount the rear shocks. Although it would look sweet, I quickly realized that they were to much at an angle. So I mounted them differently.

Different Design

Dropped out

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-30-2008, 01:06 PM.

Comment

dude i like itvery nicely done.

you need to slow down though your making me look bad.
        this is the last mod i promise
        www.hoblitmotors.com

Comment

I wish I was that fast on working on stuff. These are pictures of what I've done for the past two years. I am trying to get it done before the trip to the Rubicon.

Comment

This is how I am going to mount my bumps but with different brackets.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 10-09-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

The price on this still hurts.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-30-2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Awesome work man! I just got done mounting my King bumps and they look very similar to your mounts. Keep up the good work and you'll have her on the road in no time.

Oh yeah, I like the narrowed front end!

Comment

I needed to make a bracket system that will lower the belly height so that the transfer case will be protected. Also make it so the lower links can be mounted to it. I made it out of 2.5 square tubing. First I did it out of .120 wall, later I went back and changed it to .250 wall for strength.

As you can see I removed the old lower link mount. Since the bracket is not removable, I had to leave enough room to get the transfer case out.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 07-01-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Here is the front four link brackets. I made the lower links out of 2"x.250" DOM and the uppers out of 1.75" x.120". Also I changed my lower link rod ends to FK's. The Johnny Joints were backordered at the time but I seen these and like these better. We will see over time which ones hold up.

Brackets are from PolyPerformance.

Here is how it would sit. If you notice that the upper links are at a down slope. Later I lower the Upper frame mounts so that the upper links will be less of an angle (more level). You want to do this so when you climb a ledge the front axle doesn't fight against motion of climbing up. It's hard to explain.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 07-01-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Here are my new fender wells. They turned out pretty nice. Ironbender (Jack) told me since I am running full width axles, I should make the fender wells narrower for more floor room.

Comment

Nice work! Can't wait to see it fininshed.

Comment

damn nice! Cant wait to see it finished!
                          WT 4x4
                          91' One Ton Bronco
                          1971 Bronco
                          9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

By running high steering, I knew that if I wanted to keep ride height low, I would have to change the frame from being in the way. So I cut the frame right after the engine mounts.

I added to the frame using 2x3 3/16's. I also put my bumps throught the frame (I change this later do to problems). I got my front hoops made.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 07-01-2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Crossbar

Comment

Working...
                                X