Project Rockbronco67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project Rockbronco67

i dont know if you want spacers on that.. it is wide enough.. Lower your bump stops for the rear.. just my .02.. Looks good the way it is..
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Those look great!
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Looks great Matt! How is your clearance in the front at full lock and stuffed?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          Looks great Matt! How is your clearance in the front at full lock and stuffed?
          A picture of the pass side fender at a 45* looking front to back please?
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Looks good Matt. But how are you going to fit through the gate at Barrett?
            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

i dont know if you want spacers on that.. it is wide enough.. Lower your bump stops for the rear.. just my .02.. Looks good the way it is..
              There is a few reasons why i need spacers. Tire rubs rear fender well, front upper links, and front coilover sping when the front is leaning and stuffed. Also, my bumps are setup for full bump not articulation (jumping).

How is your clearance in the front at full lock and stuffed?
              Not sure yet, it will be close. I need to go to a friends with a fork lift.

Looks good Matt. But how are you going to fit through the gate at Barrett?
              Probably won't fit anymore. Although Dave (helbnd1) makes it through and I will only be .5" wider on each side. He says that he pretty much has to push his way through.

A picture of the pass side fender at a 45* looking front to back please?
              Still hurts!!

My wheels have 4.5 BS and most people run 4. So it won't be that wide. It looks really wide because my body is narrowed 7" and 13" in the nose. I will try it out for a while and if it is to wide for me, I will take off spacers and make adjustments as needed. That's what make this hobby so much fun. They are never done.
              Last edited by Rockbronco67; 09-19-2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Well since my rig is some what done (never is), its time to modify things so she works better. My bump stops have been bugging me for a while now. I purchased 4" bump stops when I should be running 2". The problem is I am running only 5-6" uptravel so that means I am only using 1-2" of my shock before I am into my bumps. The shock never has time to really work like it should. So I modified mine to 2.5" buy adding a piece of DOM inside. Here is a good write up on how to do this if you are interested ( http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589470 ). This is the only write up that mentioned that you need to subtract oil for the displacement of the spacer. Attached is the formula that I used. I also made a little spanner tool to take the bumps apart. The duck tape gives it that custom look.

I am also making a winch suck-down mount for my front axle. This will make sure my shocks don't unload on climbs. Still have to weld on the mount and cut a hole in my winch plate.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Rockbronco67; 12-29-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Nice mod on the bump stops. Are those 2.0 or 2.5 bumps?

Comment

Nice mod on the bump stops. Are those 2.0 or 2.5 bumps?
                    2.0's

Comment

Sick looking bronco and great build man. Deployed so had a chance to sit and read through the whole thing well when the internet was working. Great work man!!!!

Comment

so, since your boys are getting older, and I guess you plan to wheel with them, how do you plan to mod the rear cage/fuel tank area? Im looking for ideas.

Comment

so, since your boys are getting older, and I guess you plan to wheel with them, how do you plan to mod the rear cage/fuel tank area? Im looking for ideas.
                          I been thinking about this since they were born. Since the boys were born so early, they have CLD (chronic lung disease). This means that can't go above 3000' or be around camp fires till there about 5. So I have 3.5 years to keep it the way it is. But I have to plans brewing in my head

Plan 1

Move the fuel cell against the tailgate and install a single seat between the coilovers. Of coarse I would have to shield the coilovers some how so the kids don't stick their figures in them or if a shock broke. Then build a roof rack for all my gear.

Plan 2

I figure in a few years I will need a new project. I want to build a tube frame and run a full body. Although i love my bronco and look, I miss driving it on the street. So the goal would be to run 40's with a really low ride height with most of my parts.

We will see.

Comment

Nice rig. But I have to ask, it has plates on it, is it legal to run on the street?
                            Up here in Canada I would get 25 - life for thinking about putting it on the street.
                            Gary
                            Speedtech Performance
                            71 Bronco, fully custom, daily driven
                            69 Torino, being built

Comment

It is licensed for road use but it is far from being street legal. It was at one time street legal and I left it licensed so I could make grocery runs. I've past a few cops on the road but they haven't pulled me over yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X