No announcement yet.

Project Rockbronco67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started mocking up the lower links. I am using 2"x.250" DOM for my lower links with johnny joints. I bought everything from Poly Porfomance. The mounts are the 25 degrees.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 10-31-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I noticed by moving my axle back that the frame cross member is going to be in the way. So I added a temporary cross member further back, then I cut the orginal one out.

Comment

You will notice that I jump around a lot. I will be working on one area them jump to another. Or I will be waiting for a part and move on. I plan on pinching the nose, so I took the fenders off and cut out the fender wells.

Comment

Good work bro. How much are you going to narrow the front end? Any plans to narrow the rear body too?

Comment

I took 13" out of the nose. I was thinking of doing the rear like the Static-X build but I want the room for camping stuff. Plus there wouldn't be any room for beer.
            Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-27-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I did lots of research on how I want my cage to look. I really like how the poison spyder cages look. I also like the way BTF cages look but I want the head room in the front and back. I am using 1.75" DOM.

I wanted the rear to slant forward with the other bars. I didn't like it straight up. The rear head bar is a little far forward but I plan on making a spare tire carrier off the cage. It will look good.

As you can see I received a RCI 15 gallon fuel cell

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-27-2008, 02:17 PM.

Comment

After waiting 3 very long months, I finally receive this beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Huge and Heavy!!

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Looks familiar.

Comment

Very nice. Did you attach your rear seat to the cage?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                      I sent you a email with a couple of pics.
                      Thanks for the pics. Great job on the four link. I'm sure it will flex and handle very nice.
                      Project Silver Bullet in creation right now - hopefully done soon!! Click here for Build thread 104 WB, 351 EFI, 3 link rear, Cage Arms, 203/205 Doubler, D60 Front, 14B Rear, Gears, Arbs, blah, blah, brag some more, etc.

Comment

Sweet cage!
                        You'll have to give us a report on how you like your Stak transfer case....
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

The Stak is a lot bigger than I expected. I had to cut the top body support to get it high enough so I don't have to much below my frame rail. It will only sit 2" below the frame rail when it is all the way up. Also I bent the lower link frame bracket. I change this bracket later in the build.

Lower Links

Comment

Received my seats

Comment

Since I got my seats, I thought I work on the cage some more. I started the fuel cell cage and seat brackets.

Comment

It took me a while to get the courage to cut my grill but here it is. 13" removed. There is still lots of cutting and welding to be done on the grill.

Comment

Working...
                                X