No announcement yet.

Project Rockbronco67

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome bronco let me know what rates you come up with for the front mine looks pretty much the same
    75 Bronco - 5.0 EDIS/4R70W/44/9
    68 Bronco - 6 cyl, 3 speed SOLD
    71 Bronco - 302/NP435/44/9 ARB 4:88's 5.5 lift, 37 Toyos SOLD
    70 Bronco - 1 tons/42's/ Coilovers f/r SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
      Is your front coils unloading on climbs? I seen were people add a hook to there axle so they can use there winch to pull the front down and keep it from unloading. If you get a different rate, won't it sit high in the back? I talked to King a while back and they said if I can't get the right rate with the right ride height and still have adjustment, I will have to go with triple rate. I will let you know once I get mine figured out.
      IMO a triple rate kit is worthless. All it really does is keeps the coils from rattleing.
      Using a winch to such the front end down will make a large diference on how a rig climbs. When I was runing coils, I could tell a diference. Now on Air Shocks its a huge difference. A coil over will unload the same way as an air shock, and using the winch to control that will make a heck of a difference.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Here is the front on its own weight. My coils are 300/400 for now. The 300 is a 12" and the 400 is a 14" coil. To get it almost at ride height, I had to turn the collars up all the way. So most likely these will have to be changed out for a different rate. But I am going to wait until I finish my bumper and get my winch though. More weight.

I love how the front looks.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-05-2008, 07:07 AM.

Comment

What a transformation. Your bronco is really taking shape and looking good.
          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

That is looking BAD A$$ for sure!!!

Comment

Since I have to get new gauges I thought it was time to start with a new Dash. I got this from BC Broncos. It is a complete dash replacement.

Comment

Here is a picture of the dual CNC MC and the clutch MC mounted. I had to take my brand new pedal assembly and modify so it would make room for the steering column and have enough space between the pedals. It sucked that I had to cut it, but it turned out pretty good.

You can see I just stitch welded the new fire wall plate. Does anyone think that I really need to weld it solid? Right now it is pretty strong. I will probably clean it up better when ever I paint the body.

The pedal assembly before

And after

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-06-2008, 07:46 AM.

Comment

The "new " brake pedal looks great. I like the hydraulic clutch set up too. I think the spot welded firewall panel will be fine.
                  Last edited by crawlin68; 08-06-2008, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Here is how my fuel lines are going to be ran. I need to find out how to go from -8AN to 3/8 hose. I bought my fuel accumulator, low and high pressure pumps from BC Broncos. I want to run all rubber fuel lines because alot of them are very short runs. How is eveyone else running theirs?

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-19-2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• I am using rubber also for both. My HP pump is underhood, pusher by the tank. I ran pass side frame rail on mine (fit the rail I had)

Looking great!
                      Rick-
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                        Here is how my fuel lines are going to be ran. I need to find out how to go from -8AN to 3/8 hose. I bought my fuel accumulator, low and high pressure pumps from BC Broncos. I want to run all rubber fuel lines because alot of them are very short runs. How is eveyone else running theirs?
                        If I remember right, I got a barbed nipple that went to the AN fitting on my tank from Summit. You may try giving them, or Jegs, a call.
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Lokk over on www.anplumbing.com or give 'em a call. I went thru them and Summit for my fuel system. They are down in L.A., so shipping is fast and they've got great cust. svc to boot!
                          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                            I went down to Lowes and got a piece i was able to make work in the plumbing section, just take the hose and the AN fitting down there with you.
                            75 Bronco - 5.0 EDIS/4R70W/44/9
                            68 Bronco - 6 cyl, 3 speed SOLD
                            71 Bronco - 302/NP435/44/9 ARB 4:88's 5.5 lift, 37 Toyos SOLD
                            70 Bronco - 1 tons/42's/ Coilovers f/r SOLD

Comment

• I have been doing just little things on the rig. Kind of lost my motivation. Still working on the fuel hose lines, can't find a adapter. I have been working on wiring. Here is a picture of my gauges installed. I plan on painting the dash a charcoal color. I am going to order my switch panel today and it should mount under the gauges.

Here is where I am mounting the fuse block and EFI harness stuff.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 11-03-2008, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• I plan on running a Ipod to some amps for my music. I had a head unit before and it just skipped and got really dirty inside. I have two old Orion amps that still work. Here is were I plan on mounting them.

Last edited by Rockbronco67; 11-03-2008, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X