No announcement yet.

The 79...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping to check this thing out in person. Next year for sure. I'm coming in Friday night so I can be there extra early Saturday morning with the 70
    1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
      I was hoping to check this thing out in person. Next year for sure. I'm coming in Friday night so I can be there extra early Saturday morning with the 70
      Next year Chris or maybe the Swap meet this year?
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Well the door cards are official done, buddy picked up the needed window crank from WH's Monday.
        Still no Tracking information from DC.
        Found some plastic push pins at Napa so I could reinstall the headlight splash guards on the Pass side.
        Since I can't finish the dash right now, I'm looking at starting the rust floor treatment on the driver's side (since it is just surface rust)(passenger side will be more involved) and I have started to mock-up the front Winch bumper. Of course it will be a custom fit as it is the WH's weld together bumper for Gen4 broncos.

Look forward to seeing you all at the Round up, even though I will be Bronco less...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post

Next year Chris or maybe the Swap meet this year?
          I'll be at the swapmeet for sure this year. I have bins and bins of extra parts to get rid of.

1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Interesting phone call with Dennis Carpenter...
            It seems that they can't find people that want to work. A few get hired and sometimes they only last until their first break. It can be hard, reputative work. The comment was people just don't want to "work" anymore, but they do want to be paid and paid well. Of course they need to have their phones close by and need to answer them at any time. So the folks that are working are getting behind on the orders, A sad story that is being told by many businesses these days.
            So they are working Mon-Thurs, sounds like a 4/10. Some employees are volunteering to work Fridays to try to get them back on track, but Monday last week they had 1200 orders come in while they were closed!

So I am still waiting for my order placed on the 10th, I was told that the parts were pulled and waiting to be packaged to ship.

Busy doing some wiring for H4 headlight relays and for a Tach.
            Driver side floor was sanded for the surface rust and rust converter applied
            And I pulled the dash cover and found some info on the back side.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 904Bronco; 05-23-2023, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I totally feel their pain. We can't keep people at my office. In the past 2 years we went from hiring people at $16 to $17 an hour and got great people to now we are hiring people at $22 to $24 an hour and they are rude jackasses that end up walking out. It's crazy how much things have changed.

Comment

1st shipment arrived from DC, only 16 days... put a number of those pieces in place over the long weekend. Still waiting on the dash pad to arrive, guessing any day now? That piece will pretty much wrap up a good chunk of the interior.
                H4 headlights installed with new harness/relays. Driver's floor has a coat of self etch primer, followed by 3 coats of high build primer. A little scuffing and then body color.
                Been modifying the WH's front winch bumper. I had to bend out the outer front panel for more clearance and then back fill those areas. Got it mostly tacked together, making fill pieces now. Mounting brackets are next and then a full weld up. My welding seems to have improved over the years, all those replacement body panels installed probably helped.
                Not sure what will come next, rear bumper, exhaust system R&R, alignment reseal Trans/T-case? As I told the Seller, once I get some heat back into the engine and related components, I will have seals to replace... (Think sell price reduction) Those things don't do well sitting and drying out over 15 years.
                Attached Files

Comment

Dash pad finally showed up from DC, 3 weeks. Dash is about 50% back together, I need to put the center and L/side vents in and then the Glovebox liner/light.

Drivers Floor well has been treated for the rust, primed, and painted.

Front bumper is attached, Brackets I made and the Bumper itself needs to be fully welded. I still need to fuss with it some more, not fully happy with it yet. Would like to finish this up and have it powder coated.
                  Not sure what I will tackle next? Exhaust refresh, rear bumper, passenger floor that will need some patches... I have Cage Dave's Bronco coming up for a rewire and he will do a couple of paint body repairs on the YS.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, I like the front bumper. Where is that from?
                    Last edited by onpier55; 06-10-2023, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onpier55 View Post
                      Looks great, I like the front bumper. Where is that from?
                      Wild Horse's weld together Bumper, it is designed to fit a Gen4 and well... I modified it to fit/made my own mounting brackets. Nearing the point where it will get the full weld.

Rest of the Dash is together, even have a lighted Glovebox. Did a quick grind to the passenger floor, thinking of treating the areas that don't need patched.

Pulled the REP Ramsey winch out of storage that came with the YS. It needs a new cable and new roller fairlead. Didn't realize this is a $1,300 winch now. It worked before I took it off...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Digging that bumper. Going to look great when it's done.

Comment

I dropped the front bumper off at my Buddies shop in town, said he would Tig weld the front side up for me.
                          Before that happened, I made up a set of angle braces for the outside portion of the bumper. So much easier doing this on the rack, rather than laying on the ground!
                          Ordered a few parts for the Ramsey winch; roller fairlead and new cable. Picking that stuff up in OR when I see my oldest this weekend.

I got the Bronco out of the shop so I could treat most of the surface rust on the Passenger floor. There are 3 places where I need to replace metal...

WH's had the door seals in stock and delivered in two days, Dennis Carpenter... well it would be 3 weeks and they don't have the windshield gasket in stock either. BO at WH's as well (as it comes from DC)

I started to at least think about the rear bumper, the material has been sitting on the shop floor since last September.

And Patrick Deming donated some Gen2 AC parts I needed, pulled them out of the box and started cleaning pieces. Getting the AC functional is on the list, but has no timeline.

Bronco will be on the back burner for a few weeks as I will be traveling, seeing my Boys...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Survived the Trip and all the activities in the West Portland area, good seeing my Oldest too...

My Front bumper looks good almost finished getting welded up, my Buddy has offered to Powder Coat it as well. (I haven't got a price yet)

Installed the Mini Tachometer, and started the size up for the rear bumper. I salvaged the factory rear bumper brackets (or what was left) from the PO's kludge of a bumper and started doing a mock up. Cut down the square tube for just a little over hang on each side. My Buddy is talking about some thick material ( 1/2 > 5/8) to pass through the steel 3/16" tube so I can have solid anchor/tow points. It is a little beyond my pay grade, but he has this laser table and all... I'm always learning new things.
                            Add to that, the frame has a little ripple in the extended ends from the PO bumper, almost a 1/4 difference!

Tuffy is having a 4th July Sale this weekend, even with CA sales tax and shipping I can buy the 12" wide center counsel storage box and have it shipped to me cheaper than the list price for the unit... Order has been placed.

Nothing else planned Bronco wise this weekend, plenty of other things to do, and 100* weather makes one want to stay in the shade.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Site keeps locking up when I try to load pictures (server warnings), will try to add later... If I remember. Disappointing to say the least.

Comment

Front Bumper is done and mounted... I am going through the wiring on the Ramsey winch. I picked up a new cable and roller fairlead for it...

Picked up a Tuffy center console, factory one is toast, and well the used market prices +shipping are stupid.
                                Tuffy had a a 20% off sale on the 4th, $359 is the list price, $351 delivered to my door. Much better cup holders anyway! (As you can see in the last picture)
                                I had to make a mounting bracket, since the Gen II floor is not flat. Box is mounted, and the finish work will be done next week.

Finish winch rehab, then the back bumper is next, mixed in there with Cage Dave's Bronco rewire...

Hoping to register this in Sept. when I start a new year after this year of Non-Op is over. DMV doesn't prorate fee's anymore, you pay for the whole year of registration even if there is only a week left in the year...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X