Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Doug. Good information.

Comment

• Was able to do some trouble shooting on my backfire issue and P0174 lean bank 2 code with the help of one of the mechanics at work. Eliminated vacuum leaks with a smoke test. No exhaust leaks. Timing looks correct. Scanner shows the long tern fuel trim for bank 2 is maxed out at 30 and doesn't change. New O2 sensors that look to be working fine on the scanner. Computer appears to be compensating for what it sees as a lean condition for bank 2 however bank 2 appears to be extremely rich. Exhaust has fuel smell which would go along with the backfire I am hearing. Pulled a plug and it is rich on bank 2 and looks perfect on bank 1. Not sure where to go from here. Mechanic thinks it may be a programing issue or something to do with the downstream O2 sensor delete so I sent EFI an email and will see what he suggests. Anyone have any other thoughts on what to check next. Thanks.

Update: Garry (EFI Guy) did reply to my email this morning (didn’t expect that quick of a reply, thank you Garry) with a few things to check out regarding O2 sensor wiring etc. Will try and check those out tonight.
      Last edited by M_luther; 04-15-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	D2FA1FD4-0A3D-40E3-9290-026D06EA0451.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	317099 Click image for larger version

Name:	60773EBF-9755-4568-A426-F6C138D4FA1F.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	317098 Click image for larger version

Name:	B358CB12-3427-4B09-B52C-58C9F662CB7A.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	317097 Been about five weeks since my last post. Finally think I got the issue solve. Seems to have been a poor fitting plug wire on cylinder 5 caused by minimal clearance on my modified drivers side stock exhaust manifold. Installed a set of ceramic coated Bronco Hut shorty headers. They fit perfectly and provide great plug clearance for my gt40p heads. Couldn’t be happier with them. Picked up my Bronco from exhaust today after having the head pipes redone. Problem solved. Went for a 50 mile drive after work and it is now a running great. Will put some more miles on and see if any other issues surface. Had to do an egr delete with the header install which allowed me to remove the 90deg elbow behind the throttle body. This fixed my TPS hood clearance issue which was a plus.
        Attached Files

Comment

• That is great news! Garry is a good dude for sure!

Comment

• Glad to hear that you are fixed up and on the Road.... Working A/C must be next?
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

• Garry is a great guy, very knowledgeable and willing to help. I am going to put some more miles on this weekend to make sure I don’t have any issues to correct before I charge up the AC. I also ordered some heat sleeve for one of my AC hoses that is a little closer to the header than I like. I think it would be fine without it, but I will feel better if it has a little heat protection. Other than charging the AC is completed. The heater side of the Vintage system works good though.
              Last edited by M_luther; 05-21-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• You will like the Vintage A/C too. They work very well!

Comment

• AC charge didn’t go so well tonight. High pressure side hose end is leaking at the crimp. Removed it and will take to Napa tomorrow and see if they can do a better job crimping it the second time.
                  Last edited by M_luther; 05-25-2021, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Well that sure sucks! Hope they can recrimp it or make you a new one.

Comment

• Got it recrimped and put back together. Won’t be able to charge until next week to see if it holds. Still running strong with no issues. Have about 400 miles on now.

Comment

• Recrimped hose is working. Charged the AC last night and all seems good. Blows nice and cold. Temp was pretty mild today so a little hard to tell how good It will cool. Need a hot day to really test it out.

Comment

• Take a drive to Fresno today. You get to test it out good! LOL. That's great to hear that you got it working.

Comment

• It’s going to get tested for sure in about a week. Going to be taking the bronco with us on a 3 week RV trip through Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Oregon. Should be plenty of opportunity to test it out.

Comment

• Wow, now that is a vacation! Make sure you post some pictures of your trip once you get back. I'd love to see some.

Comment

• Got the new wheels (17x9 indys) and tires (285/70R17 KO2’s) put on today. They are slightly tall and wider than the old KM2’s that are 33x10.5R15.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2C6937B1-660E-490E-88E3-59A51F81D2CB.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	317186 Click image for larger version

Name:	9C7A5BDF-A91B-412E-8DB7-85F51E5E4793.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	317187

Comment

Working...
                                X