No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Tony! why do you want to beef the frame?
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Something to do with a small frame issue on the con some months ago. You may have heard bout it.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
        Something to do with a small frame issue on the con some months ago. You may have heard bout it.
        I am surprised you can remember it with that gash in your head.. Or maybe that helped you..

Aaron
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• Cleaned up the frame a bit. Cut the shock hoop so I could slip the plate behind it. Cut a piece of 3/8" plate for the inside and out side of the frame. Also cut out the cross member. I would've had to notch the cross member for one of the bolts. The other would have been in the void inside the cross member. That's with the box up against the front bodi mount.
          Needed to do that anyway, my drag link was way to close to it and would have hit it when I stuffed the passenger tire..
          Attached Files
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Wow that's some plating!
            I guess with the 3" body lift you can space the PS box that far away more easily.. I too plated mine with 3/8" and it made the input shaft on the PS box run into the inner fender. A little "clearancing" was needed but it is still tight.

I like the idea of plating both inside and outside the frame... might have to see about doing that myself. I just plated the outside on mine, and ran some huge fender washers inside.

While you are at it... that track bar bracket could use a little beef around it!
            Last edited by CityHick; 12-02-2008, 09:04 AM.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

• Gonna re weld all the factory welds, then weld the new plate too it. should be plenty strong then. The 3" bodi lift does help. Slight contact with the fenderwell, but it doesn't need any mods for it.

Comment

• Nice work!
                70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

• Cut out the cross member and started on a new one when a huge piece of metal took a 49er bounce and some how got around my safety glasses and scratched my eye pretty good. took 3 days before I stopped tracking the scratch in my vision. Just finished mounting the new hydro pump with Marcs help (once again he did everything, great helper). Got three full days to try and wrap up the frame and new cross member. just waiting on the B/O pressure lines to the ram. Registration and insurance are taken care of. First time in 12 years it's been legal.

Oh yea. Did I say that I got shot with a taser on Wedensday. That was freakin fun. Five seconds never lasted so long.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Why did you have to cut your crossmember out?

I bet that taser hurt like hell. Yeeeouch!

Comment

• Ditto on the Xmember, why? in the way once the plate/box goes in? anyways some tube further up isnt a bad thing.
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• The drag link would have hit it when the passenger tire was at full stuff and it was in the way of one of the steering box bolts

Comment

• Somebody stop this guy!!!

A
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                            Somebody stop this guy!!!

A
                            PLEASE!!
                            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• ...nah, let him go. Just think what we havent done (and saved) since Tony's done it twice at least
                              love ya 'bro
                              68 Slightly modified
                              67 LUBR once again
                              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Ya know, If we took away his welder, torch, sawzall and grinder,,, He'd be drive'n it next weekend!!
                                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X