No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent the afternoon at Marc's today. I'd like to say we put a spool in my third member but the truth is I watched him do it. Thanks Marc
    Last edited by blwngsket; 07-06-2008, 08:30 PM.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
      Spent the afternoon at Marc's today. I'd like to see we put a spool in my third member but the truth is I watched him do it. Thanks Marc
      Not a problem. I enjoyed the company, and it forced me to actually clean up the garage. Now I just need to get that A/C unit installed.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Some exhaust parts. Looks like fun. Just in time for tomorrows heat
        Attached Files
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Why are you re doing your exhaust? I want to redo my whole exhaust next also.. (I am hoping the Rubicon will help with mine) I want to go 2 into 1 for me..

Ohh yeah only 107 tomorrow..

Aaron
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• The old dual exhaust was in the way of the 4 link. Since I had to redo the exhaust I bought the shorty headers and the new pipe to do a 2 into 1 that will pass through the body behind the passenger side door with one of those pretty alum rings.
            In the pic you can see the old exhaust tucked up tight to the frame.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by blwngsket; 07-07-2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Wow,

Looks good Tony!!
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Lets guess how pissed off Tony is today. I can't seem to get a single weld to go my way today. Spent 5 hours chasing pin holes and leaks in the exhaust i'm doing. Did I mention it's 110 in my garage! I feel all I did was waste a piece of tube and a couple hours.
                Ok, rant over. What a day. I need a

Comment

• OT... do you have a line on those "pretty aluminum things"? I have been thinking seriously about doing my exhaust that way too.

When it gets this hot I try and avoid projects where getting pissed off ends up costing me a lot more money. I am a hot-blooded Italian as it is, and the heat sends me into new levels of pissed-off-ness when things go bad. Take it easy. That exhaust is going to be killer when you get it done.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

• Got my pretty alum thing from patrick. Ask around. I'm sure someone has a spare or bought two for duals and has since opted to go 2 into 1.

Comment

• KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• What???????

Comment

• Hey Tony, what type and size wire are using for welding your exhaust? Is that aluminized tube or stainless?

Comment

• Wire is innershield 35. Prob a bit big even on the lowest setting. I think the tube is aluminized could be wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                              Wire is innershield 35. Prob a bit big even on the lowest setting. I think the tube is aluminized could be wrong though.
                              If I remember right, when I'm to lazy to switch to the .023 when doing exhaust I actually turn up the power and wire speed. Seemed to help me.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Yeah, you would be better off using solid core .023 wire with a 75/25 gas mix. But like Marc said, if you are going to use the .035 flux wire, try turning your wire speed up a bit. I wouldn't turn the amps up, just the wire speed. This will give a little bit more "fill" on your weld. The weld isn't going to look very pretty, but it won't blow through the tube quite as easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X