No announcement yet.

Mark's 71 BKO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant wait to get my new issue of Crawl in the mailbox!!! Whats that make of NCB members, #2 to get in there? First it was Patrick now Welndmn, I beleive?

Comment

Yep, looking good...those might be my next tires, but at the rate I'm going and use of my rig...mabey something better will be out there a decade or so from now.

I know my brother's eb is hella tall and I wasn't sure if I was to tall or even accomplished lowering mine down a bit so I measured mine.
      54" to the fender on 39.5" tsls.... that makes me feel better.
      Whats your belly height, I may have lost clearance there for the over all height of the rig. I'm sitting at 23 1/4" at the lowest point of the skid.
      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

I just got my new issue of CRAWL in the mail tonoght. Very nice pic Mark! Full page pic of some awesome flex!!! Good job bro!

Comment

Originally posted by bent70
          Yep, looking good...those might be my next tires, but at the rate I'm going and use of my rig...mabey something better will be out there a decade or so from now.

I know my brother's eb is hella tall and I wasn't sure if I was to tall or even accomplished lowering mine down a bit so I measured mine.
          54" to the fender on 39.5" tsls.... that makes me feel better.
          Whats your belly height, I may have lost clearance there for the over all height of the rig. I'm sitting at 23 1/4" at the lowest point of the skid.
          Damn I wish I was that low!
          Only way I can get lower is going to be narrowing the body.
          No idea on my belly height though, it only about 1.5 below the frame.
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Hey Mark, are you running stock Ford or Chevy knuckles? Have you ever had a problem?
            Thanks FM <><
            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Running Stock Ford kunckles on High steer
              I have not had a problem and I have blew up 2 shafts in it.
              The key to making them live is have limit stops.
              I have stops on my ram and the factory stops. Ford kunckles seem to blow up when you loose an axle shaft, or bend/over turn your limit stops on the steering.

I do carry spare kunckles though. If I ever brake one, I'll get some Orange ones like Patricks.
              Mark Harris

Comment

Thanks Mark thats what I need to know.

FM <><
                72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Not much new here.
                  Tied my seats into my cage.
                  Plans on moving the rear links down a little to add more Anti-sqaut, because with the bigger tires, I felt it did not climb as good as it did. Bad news is I am out of adjustiabilty (sp?) so I have to re make the mount.
                  Also plan on redoing the entire exhaust as it would be in the way now.
                  Small pic from soup bowl over the weekend.
                  Attached Files
                  Mark Harris

Comment

Now that is a different line. How did it work? I go quite a bit to the right of where you are. My right front goes right over the point.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Is that boulder at your drivers rear corner new? Also what did you use for stops on your ram and do you have any pics?
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Yup, that one is new. It is right in the way of the best line for the broncos. Helbnd1 even tried going over that rock. That line didn't work either.
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks like a good reason for that rail protection.
                          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I made it up
                            But I did not make that. Once I got one tire up i was done. I had to do a front burn and bring it over to the passenger side
                            I feel with a little more Anti squat I should of been able to climb it because it wanted to sooooo bad. Could of also been because the tires are still to new. They are aired down to 4-5 PSI with no beadlocks and still don't flex the way I want them to.

For my ram, I used 2 inch derlin from McMaster car, then put a hole in it, and placed it over the shaft of the ram. I know some don't like the external stops, but I also did not want to take the ram apart.
                            Mark Harris

Comment

Not much of an update.
                              I moved my rear upper links around to increase some of my Antisquat and lose some rear steer.
                              I was running 55% AS with 1% rear steer. I changed it to 80% AS, still having 1 % rear steer.
                              I jumped to 98% AS and 0% rear steer.
                              Lets just say and cut and ground and welded stuff a BUNCH of times.
                              Also in the process I got pissed off at my cobbled together exhaust system and ripped it all out.
                              Bought some 2 1/4 pre bent pipes, and some 2 1/2 pipes with a Y pipe to a single 3 inch muffler.

Also just got some block hugger headers they I plan to get on there and make fit better.
                              To fit the headers you have to have a mini starter. Well its about time I bought one anyway. 93 Ford F-150 with a stick and 302 was the app.
                              I installed, and love the way it sounds. Before the old moveable pole shoe starters always seemed to struggle to crank the engine over and this one does it effortless.
                              It was 98$ at Kragen with 3 year.
                              Mark Harris

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn
                                Not much of an update.
                                I moved my rear upper links around to increase some of my Antisquat and lose some rear steer.
                                I was running 55% AS with 1% rear steer. I changed it to 80% AS, still having 1 % rear steer.
                                I jumped to 98% AS and 0% rear steer.
                                Lets just say and cut and ground and welded stuff a BUNCH of times.
                                Also in the process I got pissed off at my cobbled together exhaust system and ripped it all out.
                                Bought some 2 1/4 pre bent pipes, and some 2 1/2 pipes with a Y pipe to a single 3 inch muffler.

Also just got some block hugger headers they I plan to get on there and make fit better.
                                To fit the headers you have to have a mini starter. Well its about time I bought one anyway. 93 Ford F-150 with a stick and 302 was the app.
                                I installed, and love the way it sounds. Before the old moveable pole shoe starters always seemed to struggle to crank the engine over and this one does it effortless.
                                It was 98$ at Kragen with 3 year.

Going from 55% to 98% AS, aren't you decreasing the amount of AS that you have? 100% AS means that your rear has no AS upon acceleration, correct?
                                Last edited by crawlin68; 08-21-2007, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X