Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark's 71 BKO

I needed a thred here for me too!
    Most of my larger work is done, but I've been changing small things.
    I ran on 38's for what felt like for ever.
    Those are now gone.

Borrowing some tires from friends and I fitting up some tires (If you have 5 lugs and big tires I can steal for a day, let me know!) both rims don't have the amount of back spacing I am looking at. (I am looking at 5 inches) so they stick out some what.
    On the Right is Mark L's 42xwidex15 inch on 3.5 BS.
    On the left is my friends Brians 39.5 krawler on 17's with 3.75 BS.
    Either one and It looks like I am making a new body mount as it going to hit...Bad
    What I need is a 42 irock to fit up, as its between that and the Krawler.

Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Looks awesome with either of those two tires. Which one do you like better? The 42 or the 40?

Comment

Hard to say, I really want to try a 42 irock.
      Right now I like the krawler better, its cheaper, and its not shaped like a baloon.
      Mark Harris

Comment

Yeah I think I prefer the tall thinner tires over the baloons. A 42 Irok radial would....well.....Rock! How much wheel base are you running?

Comment

I am at 105.
          Another friend has 41 inch irock for me to try on as well.
          Mark Harris

Comment

I just bought 39.5's and I'd like to see 42 IROKs on a Bronco. For me I'd have to do plenty of body mods to make them fit. Gas tank filler neck...Inner fenders front...rear wheel wells...etc Plus I'm still stock wheelbase and it really should be longer for that size tire. Ideally 100+...and that would require the front axle to go forward and the dominos keep falling...not to mention the money.

Still though...post up pics of the 42 IROKs if you get a chance.
            Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I am going to sit and wait for deal on tires.
              I am going to wait about 2-3 weeks to see if I can find a deal on pirate, or my Comp friend can score me some krawlers.
              If, not 4WPW said they have 6 42 iroc's in stock waiting for me.
              Mark Harris

Comment

I wanna see the 42 Iroks on there! Will you have to do more cutting to fit the 42's? You thinking radials or bias?

Comment

Bias

It going to hit the headlight area
                  I am going to get some front bumpstops (I can't belive I have made it this long with out installing any) and then trim what I can.
                  I don't want to cut into the grill, as to me, thats the best part of the EB.
                  Mark Harris

Comment

I would steer clear of the crawlers unless you go with the sticky compound..and besides, BFG is owned by the French...

Mark, you well know how awesome these Iroks grab!!! I will more than likely never change unless something better comes along inthe future. My Bias 40's are crazt at about 4psi. Like you said, the only bummer is the BUBBLE!
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

They'd be Red label comp krawlers off a friends comp rig.
                      It all depends if he can get me a set.
                      BFG changed their red labels and gave them 1/2 the tread depth they used to have, so getting his used ones may mean they are bald.
                      The 42 irocs would cost me almost twice what I could get the krawlers for.
                      Mark Harris

Comment

I don't want to cut into the grill, as to me, thats the best part of the EB.
                        How far forward did you push the front axle since I am thinking the same.
                        Thanks, FM <><
                        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

man everyone is talking about 37, 42, 44 I just want some 35's ! hahahaha

that IROK looks HUGE!

lookin good
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I have a very poor memory, I don't recall how far foward it is.
                            I want to say 7-8 inches, just because I pushed my friends 2.5 inches and I am still a lot further forward then his.

Everyone needs big tires!
                            I put my dues in the "little tires" I ran parts store 31's for a year, then 32's BFG AT's, then 33 BFG MT's for another year or 2. Then 35 Swamper SSR's for a 2-3 years (hated that tire) Then 38's for 6-7 years.
                            I used to blow through tires, but I had a 300hp (dyno'd) motor, and I was a kid.
                            Now my poor motor is tired and gutless (
                            Mark Harris

Comment

Well, still no tires yet, but at least I removed the broken axle.
                              The new Alloy USA shafts are out getting Cryo'd.

But I removed my front body mounts.
                              Turns out the passenger side core support mount was 1/2 broken off.

Unsure how I am going to redo this, as mine have to sit on top of the frame, and there is little room to get something onto the core support.
                              It may just be some tube welded to the frame and core support.
                              Mark Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X