Mark's 71 BKO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mark's 71 BKO

I really need to work on this and stay motivaed.
    I've installed all the crap, but after a mishap with Art Carr and the shifter, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I've let it sit there and rot.
    I need to also take it into the exhaust shop. Normally I'd do it myself but I did not like the way I did it the first time. I guess I need to take some pics and see if the local shop will be able to do it the way I wanted it done.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

bring it to orangevale let my brother do it he does sik exhaust work on broncos which is pretty tough due to tight frame rails

Comment

I guarantee he will do it the way u want and he kick down for being a bronco owner in this toyheep infested side of town

Comment

I can put in touch with a dang good guy in vallejo. I have never seen a bad job from him and I have know him for 17 years. He has done everything from custom street rods to your everyday car and truck
          75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Thanks for the tips!
            I have a freinds old sponsor in Dublin that wants the work, I'm just lazy and don't want to load it on a trailer. :lol:
            Mark Harris

Comment

Minute Muffler?
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Yup!
                He's sponsored us for a long time. He does a great job, I'm just too lazy to get out there.
                Mark Harris

Comment

Tell him to HOOK ME UP! I need to get mine re-done (rock got in the way.)
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I'm really crappy at updating these things...

So far it's really weird to drive an automatic in a rig I have owned for 15 years that always had some sort of craptastic stick shift in it.
                    Every time I get in it, my left foot slaps the floorboard as I try and step on the clutch.
                    Anyway, I drove it, the tranny gauge instantly went up to like 200 after 15 minutes of driving, I later found out I installed a full sweep sender for a 1/2 sweep gauge, so I need to correct that.
                    The tranny still does put out heat, after about 20 mins of in town driving the fan on my cooler turned on (170). So I need to play with it more and find out if there is a restriction, so just this converter gets that hot.
                    I don't have any of the issues the Stak Monster box seems to have (popping out of rear high) but I did find a good amount of machining trash inside the case.

I had a buddy do the exhaust, it came out OK for the price , we just Y-d it about 6 inches back from the passenger header, as you know these EB frame rails are tight.

I wanted it to exit out the quarter panel, I think it looks like an RC car now.

I need to trim the tip I put on it down a bit, I just have not decided on how it exit yet.

I ended up putting the shifter on a bar from the dash bar to the seat mounts, it's just easier for me to reach right there.
                    Attached Files
                    Mark Harris

Comment

I never had any problems with my Stak either. So how do you like the Auto? Is it more responsive?

Comment

I left my clutch pedal in place when I put my auto in. Every one in a while I'll jump in and push it to the floor and think what the f@&k.
                        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoLady
                          Looks like you'll have to let me test drive your auto to see if i want one......sound good?

Rig looks good!
                          HA!, For sure, I really don't mind loaning my rig out.

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                          I left my clutch pedal in place when I put my auto in. Every one in a while I'll jump in and push it to the floor and think what the f@&k.
                          That's why I had to remove it as I know I would always use it.
                          I saw a buddy weld the clutch and brake pedal together. Now when you pretend to use the clutch, you stop on the brakes.
                          Mark Harris

Comment

Well I have 2 runs on the Stak and the Automatic.
                            I went up to the Snow and then I just got back from KOH.
                            I did not fit any rock crawling into my KOH trip but I did get some high speed stuff in.
                            I'm still in love with the auto, I wish the torque converter was a little tighter, I don't have the HP to turn it really well. That can be fixed though

I rebuilt my 2.5 inch air shocks up front, going to a .015 compression and .020 rebound.
                            I also found my wear bands were trashed so I replaced those and went to a little thicker fluid.
                            It was awesome, for Air shocks. My front end handled great though the whoops, working the air bumps as well. 150% difference then before the rebuild and revalve.

The rear end sucks now, it porpoises (mainly because of the lean on the rear shocks because I never changed them the last time I pushed my rear end back). I did find one of my Coil overs the other week and when talking to the FOA guys he's going to get me the other one.
                            Now I just need to figure out how they are going to fit and if I can lower it, measure it up and order springs. If I lower it it means major changes to the front end (leaning the shocks in, redoing trac bar mounts and so on, something I'm not looking forward too because I like how it handles, but I want it 3 inches lower.
                            Mark Harris

Comment

I'd be interested to see how it handles the whoops with the coil overs in the rear. I was doing about 40-50mph over them and it was OK. Any slower my brother in the rear seat kept denting my top with his head.
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

UGH!
                                I just had it weighed again. I though for sure over the last few years it's gotten lighter but I think with the Tire/wheels now that added a lot of weight back into mine.

One step closer to my coilovers now!
                                Mark Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X