Mark's 71 BKO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mark's 71 BKO

I been wanting to try my suspension out on some high speed stuff. Maybe one day we should plan a Pismo trip

Comment

I'm thinking about one now.
      I'll let you know when I will be there.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

How much does she weigh? I need to get mine down to the scales. Did you get a front, rear and total weight?
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
          UGH!
          I just had it weighed again.
          Think the Bronco is the problem? and yes what was the weight? I'm heading over to get mine done Sat...
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Oh, 5240 Total
            2830 Front
            2410 Rear

Yes, I rounded

I went for corner weight too.
            That's fully loaded for the trail with my 120lb body in it too...
            Mark Harris

Comment

That's fully loaded for the trail with my 120lb body in it too...
              That's a good one. You must of been thinking about Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                That's a good one. You must of been thinking about ryan.
                wet !
                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I'm shocked the weight is not more on the nose then that. Interesting. And, damn...that's heavy. I wonder what mine is...well when it has a motor/and everything else I have off it now back on?
                  I'm trying to dump weight where I can. This motor swap and front end redo should save me about 200-300 lbs.

Winch rope...from wire
                  Aluminum heads/intake/water pump/Headers from stk mans/but adding heavier brackets and more intake mass
                  Fiberglass hood...not much less really...probably 10 lbs is all.
                  Dumping wheel wells/inner fenders/adding some tube and small sheet should be a net loss
                  Removed a ton of crap that was not removed from the frame/body during various mods...about 50 lbs
                  I have lost 30 lbs
                  Okay...maybe not 300. But 150-200 is possible.

I'd bet just my rolling chassis is 3K... 60/14/atlas/frame/suspension/tires/wheels.
                  Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM.
                  Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

It is always fun to weigh them.
                    My front end I always thought was light, as I have glass fenders and air shocks, I really have no sheet metal up front.
                    I really think my tires and wheels are stupid heavy and the 60 has some pretty thick and heavy crap welded to it, but weight down low is good.
                    Mark Harris

Comment

Mark,

Is your front end pushed forward? That would move the COG back, closer to the center of your WB.
                      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Yeah, the difference in a ford versus a jeep is the location of the engine on the frame given the axle location. Jeeps have extremely short rear d-lines compared to fords. The cog in a ford is not as good as a jeep. And moving the front axle forward is way smarter then moving the rear back. I want to move mine forward but have not yet. I will when I link it.
                        Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Yeah, both front and rear ends are pushed, I can't remember how many inches each way, I was around 108/109 inches of WB IIRC
                          Mark Harris

Comment

hey mark, love the bronco!
                            im tubing out my front clip and was wondering if i made a bumper setup like yours?

i remember seeing your bronco on the last page of a mag years ago (dont remember what the mag was) but thought, man...that is bad ass!
                            1970 bronco sport,built 351w,built c6 ,np205, 1tons,44's on H1's,ez wiring,tbrid EFI, 3link front & 4link rear.

Comment

Thanks for the complement!
                              It was CRAWL I think your talking about when I took over the whole page.
                              My front bumper/ fender mounts is ok, I'm not a fan of it any more.
                              But the tubes just go down the fenders and tie back into the a pillar of the roll cage.
                              It really adds some beef to the front end as I've hit it pretty hard.
                              Doing it again, I would of just tied it Into the frame or something, and leave it out of the cab.
                              Mark Harris

Comment

Thanks for the complement!
                                It was CRAWL I think your talking about when I took over the whole page.
                                My front bumper/ fender mounts is ok, I'm not a fan of it any more.
                                But the tubes just go down the fenders and tie back into the a pillar of the roll cage.
                                It really adds some beef to the front end as I've hit it pretty hard.
                                Doing it again, I would of just tied it Into the frame or something, and leave it out of the cab.
                                I call bullshit on that statement. HAHAHAHA
                                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X