70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 70 Sport resto/mod

Thanks Tony. I actually found that link and another real good one right after I posted you! I spotted a couple in the yard yesterday and plan on pulling one this weekend. One is on a '78 Tbird and is mounted horizontally from the factory so thinking this might be setup already? I'll have to check them out and would like to get the 10 ci model if I can find one...
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

It's the little things that excite me the most... but I finally have TUNES in my rig!!! Totally simple setup - an old Sirius receiver going straight into an 80 watt amplifier driving two 6x9 speakers from an old car I owned. Funny, this system is built from components from 3 different vehicles I've owned, now all together in the EB. It sounds pretty good but I want a subwoofer. Got a wild idea in mind - a center console housing a single low-profile 8" sub. Some of the new subs out require very little air space in sealed housings. Not looking for thumping sound but something to fill in the lows a bit.

Pictures this weekend, once the speaker mounting is finalized.

Now the question of the day is do I have enough time to rebuild my tire carrier rack and have it functional by Wednesday night? At the rate I move when fabricating, I doubt it!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

A few little updates to add.
        First, I got one of my tube doors back from being covered. The covers came out great, one is still under construction but I got one back for testing. I think the cover came out great and I owe many thanks to my family friend who sewed them up for me. I should have the other early this week.

Next, my stereo is installed and functional. As described in my previous post, it is about the most simple setup ever. My amp is about 20 years old and still works like a champ - no detectable distortion even cranked all the way up. I need to clean up the wiring a little but overall I'm very happy. I would like to add a sub and I'm thinking about building a sub into a center console. Nothing too powerful but something to fill in the lows a little better. Plus having a console with cup holders and maybe a small storage area would be very nice. I think that'll be a project for this winter.

I also added a little carpeting to the area behind the seat - its just laid in held down by my seat mount. Something to keep a little heat off my dog's paws if nothing else.

Anyway here are a few pictures...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CityHick; 08-09-2009, 03:31 PM.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Those covers look awesome!
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Damn they do look great, sure has gotten me swayed from half doors!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys... I still can't believe how nice those covers came out. I guess it pays to know a good seamstress!

After my adventures in the snow on Slickrock I can't see ever running steel doors while wheeling. Tube doors are where its at - my steel doors would have been toast had they been on when I leaned onto that tree. What I like the most about these soft covers is that I can take them off for more ventilation on really hot days but still have the tube doors in place.

I think they're going to flap in the breeze a little at highway speeds but I'm ok with that. Keeping some of the water and mud from entering the cab when wheeling will make it all worth it. Besides, my safari top isn't exactly quiet when cruising at 65mph!
              Last edited by CityHick; 08-09-2009, 07:04 PM.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
                Those covers look awesome!
                Ditto OT, great! might sway me towards tube doors. And the noise? isnt that why you put the amp in?
                Rick-
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Lookin' sweet Tony! Hey, I was admiring how well your whole rig has come together. Its really lookin' nice Tony! I am especially a fan of all the black accents and the absence of chrome... Looks tough. I like!
                  sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I agree, the covers came out great.

Comment

I just learned my other door cover is ready. Time to make the one-door trek across town for it... They want to take pictures of the doors on my rig at their house. It's 100 freakin degrees outside so it's gonna be a hot ride!

Another project I have in mind is figuring out a way to insulate the firewall - it's going to have to be custom because so much stuff under my dash isn't stock. Any suggestions? Looking at the "reflectix" stuff OSH sells as an easy solution.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

How about Dyna Mat? You just cut to what ever shape size you need and stick it on.

Comment

looking good Tony. Those canavs covers really put the whole package over the top. Hopefully one of these days we'll cross paths again.

Also, carefull running the MTRS at 15 PSI. Ask me how I know

Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Nice thing about steel rims. A little bit of the BFH and it looks good as new...
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

i'm looking into rock rings. I was going to go the bent rebar thing but that looks trashy (no offense to anyone on here who's done it). Either that or go with some of these

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...-kit-p-12.html
                              Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

The reason I went with cheap steel wheels is that they are cheaper to replace... I know sooner or later I'll damage a rim beyond repair and it hurts less to cough up $60 for a wheel than $150+.

Beadlocks may happen one day, but I'm happy with my current setup. I'm not as hard core as some of y'all.
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X