70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 70 Sport resto/mod

Nice urban wheelin pics. Sure wish I could have made it. It is always a fun time at Jerry's. Tell us more about the gearbanger.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
      Tell us more about the gearbanger.
      Jack (IronBender) came in his Bronco and donated a gearbanger to the raffle. The guy who won it does not run an NP435 tranny so he handed it to me just about as soon as he got his hands on it. It was an unexpected score!

It may get installed as early as tomorrow!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Now that's a sweet score.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I hate you!!!! Nice score!
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WTF?!?! raffle???? i knew i should have stayed longer!
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Alum gearbanger or steel trailbanger???
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                  WTF?!?! raffle???? i knew i should have stayed longer!
                  Raffle every year, and in the past there has been a gift for everyone that has been there. I won some lube one year. Boy does that sound bad.
                  Marc D.

Comment

Jerry said that I have won enough lately, maybe I should skip the raffle....

Lady luck has moved on...

It was a good time...
                    Last edited by 904Bronco; 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM.
                    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Ryan you definitely should have stayed later. More Broncos showed up, a bunch went on the ramp (including one of the uncut stockers which was hilarious) and then there was the raffle.

The gearbanger I got is the trail edition, bare steel. I will be having it powder coated next time I send a load of parts in for powder. I'm thinking it needs to be some kind of silver vein or other patterned powder. It is too damn cool!
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Right on Tony! nice score on the gear banger too! The looks great too! It's nice to flex it on a ramp to see what problems pop up so you can address them. jerry's BB-Q is always a good time. maybe next year I won't have my Bronco torn apart.

Comment

My rig may not flex like some, but even with the incorrect shocks I'm pretty happy with it. That and there was NO driveline binding whatsoever - which is something I've been concerned about with my low pinion 44 and 5.5" of lift.

Patrick - I met another "crawling 68" today - so who had the name first???
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                            Patrick - I met another "crawling 68" today - so who had the name first???
                            Hmmmm, I don't know. I don't think I've ever met him. I see his name pop up on yahoo group every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                              Hmmmm, I don't know. I don't think I've ever met him. I see his name pop up on yahoo group every once in a while.
                              I think he has been to every one of Jerry's gatherings. So you should have at least seen his bronco. He drives the teal halfcab, and is friends with Trevor Kendall, if that rings a bell.
                              Marc D.

Comment

I've got a couple of problems on my gearbanger install... but nothing I can't resolve.

1. Interference with my twin sticks (nothing that can't be resolved by bending them away)
                                2. My NP435 shifter is bent very close to the transmission which doesn't leave much room to mount the gearbanger to. Problem is I can't get the shifter hot enough to re-bend it. Anybody nearby have an oxy-acetylene torch???

I encountered a few problems with my latch design for the tube doors so I'm currently investigating other alternatives. My previous design was too simple - a spring-loaded ball catch. It didn't work out the way I'd hoped it would so I'm now thinking of some kind of lever or something. What have others come up with?
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X