Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

YES!! Rubicon bound!!!
    Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

• Re: The **OFFICIAL** 4th Annual "Broncos on the Con" June (23), 24 ,25 ,26 2011

get your fire permits!

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/pass...permit2010.pdf
      WT 4x4
      91' One Ton Bronco
      1971 Bronco
      9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Heard today Loon Camp ground will be closed till mid July.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Well, most of you probably have figured this out already, but looks like I'm out. I haven't even ordered my parts to rebuild my engine yet. I have figured everything out so far except the cam. I will be calling Comp soon to discuss with them what they recommend. I have a good idea of what I want though. Should do a little better in the sand when I'm done.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
            Well, most of you probably have figured this out already, but looks like I'm out. I haven't even ordered my parts to rebuild my engine yet. I have figured everything out so far except the cam. I will be calling Comp soon to discuss with them what they recommend. I have a good idea of what I want though. Should do a little better in the sand when I'm done.
            I have an empty seat if you want to go, just meet up at Aaron's Thurs morning.
            Leave No One Behind
            KK6AUW

Comment

Well, most of you probably have figured this out already, but looks like I'm out.
              Bummer, Marc. Would you ride in with someone else? I don't have room, but some Do.
              Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
              35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Marc you are more then welcome to hang onto my rear bumper. ;-)
                WT 4x4
                91' One Ton Bronco
                1971 Bronco
                9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                  The hitch I bought is load distribution hitch, good for 14,000, the truck is good for 13,500, or 14,000 I don't remember. I think the loaded trailer is going to be about 11,000. I don't think you need a class A to drive this, but I have had a class A for almost 22 years now. Drove Big-rigs for a living for about 10 years.
                  I've done some research on this and if I read the DMV correctly, you need a class A for 10,000+ lbs and/or triple axle trailers. Of course, if you're not doing anything too stupid I don't imagine you'll get hassled.
                  '01 TJ, 4.0/5spd
                  5.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor Long Arm,
                  35" BFG M/T's
                  4:88's, ARB's

BOHICA!

Comment

Anybody near Fresno have a trailer I could borrow? I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a trailer today........Seriously though, anyone? I really don't want to drive my rig home after 4 days of wheeling. Last year I brought WildHorses guy out through Tahoe on Saturday night, then continued to Fresno and that was a long ride.

Plus, I've got a buttload of wood that I'm bringing. If I can tow my rig, I'll be able to load most of the wood (what I can't fit in the Jeep) in the bed of my truck and anyone that wants to can grab a few pieces on their way in. I'm planning to get there Wednesday with Crawlin68.
                    Last edited by Jeepmonkey; 06-16-2011, 01:49 PM.
                    '01 TJ, 4.0/5spd
                    35" BFG M/T's

BOHICA!

Comment

If things go as planned, I will be coming in Thursday!!
                      Kyle
                      Aptos
                      1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

.....Of course, if you're not doing anything too stupid I don't imagine you'll get hassled.....
                        I wouldn't bet on that. I have a buddy who was stopped by a CHP officer, put on the jump scales (3/4 ton pick up truck towing a flat bed trailer with a mid sized Kubota tractor) and then the officer had him take the trailer off the hitch to make sure the reciever/hitch/ball were all rated for the weight he was towing. I mean REALLY?
                        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I guess it just depends on what kind of day the CHP is having. Personally, I don't like to take chances, but that doesn't usually stop me.
                          '01 TJ, 4.0/5spd
                          35" BFG M/T's

BOHICA!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                            I wouldn't bet on that. I have a buddy who was stopped by a CHP officer, put on the jump scales (3/4 ton pick up truck towing a flat bed trailer with a mid sized Kubota tractor) and then the officer had him take the trailer off the hitch to make sure the reciever/hitch/ball were all rated for the weight he was towing. I mean REALLY?
                            Doing his job..................keeping are highways safe. if he was overloaded and got in a wreck just think of what could happen. some one would sue are broke state even more.
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Here I sit in the lobby at work with torn calf tendons, directing people to scheduled visits when I should be driving up the Freakin hill......
                              This sucks.
                              I need to go home and make a bloody mary. As soon as I finish phys torture (training).

Have fun guys, drink one for me. (That means you Rick)
                              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

1. RockBronco67 (Friday Morning)
                                2. Silent_Killer_71 (Friday Morning)
                                3. DBLUE351 - Fri with my club, so there will be 4-5 more rigs as well.
                                4. 71BRONCO71 (Thursday Morning[ish])
                                5. 69steed/ Fungus (Wed a.m.)
                                6. Crawlin68 w/little sister (Wed am)
                                7. Franked, Randy@BBY, Joseph, Steve B. (wed am)
                                8. Helbnd1
                                9. Proudpapa
                                10.69Crawler (Friday)
                                This is where we left off
                                Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X